Chapter 34

STARKILLER BASE

Bozin's fingers danced across his datapad as he hacked past the First Order firewalls. They servers' security programs were putting up a fight, but Bozin wasn't about to give up. Too much was at stake. Neema scrolled through the screen on her communicator, watching the various camera feeds on this particular sub level. She scrolled past one feed and immediately scrolled back to it, paranoid that she may have seen movement. She saw nothing. To make matters worse, she hadn't seen Destin either.

"Frag!" she cursed.

"What is it?" Bozin asked, keeping his eyes glued to his screen.

"I can't find Destin anywhere," Neema said. "Where has Maas taken him?" She turned to Bozin. "Where are you on finding the encryption key?"

"Just a few more seconds," Bozin replied. "Found it!" He exclaimed. "Encryption keys! Now to find the right one."

Just then, the sound of an alarm went off and Neema and Bozin could hear it coming from outside the hallway. The same alarm then went off in the server room. The room darkened and red lights began to flash.

"Uh oh," Bozin said.

"What's going on?" Neema asked.

"The First Order..." Bozin continued. "I think they know I've sliced into their systems."

Neema turned to the camera feeds on her communicator and saw life signatures descending in the elevator lift. "We got company." she said.

"What?"

"Stormtropers." Her communicator showed them exiting the elevator and running into the hallways. "How much longer?" she asked Bozin.

"Downloading the information now," Bozin replied. "Two minutes."

"Keep it running. We got to hold out till then."

Then, a series of bangs against the server room door was heard, followed by sparks flying out its hinges. The Stormtroopers were slicing their way in.

"Damn!" Neema cursed. "Here." Neema pulled out her back-up blaster from the inside of her boot and handed it to Bozin. She then pulled him into cover behind the data-bank he was slicing into.

"Are you serious?" Bozin exclaimed, fumbling both the datapad and the blaster in his hands.

"Just point in that direction and shoot!" Neema exclaimed as she slipped into cover.

The door to the server room blasted open. Red streaks of blaster shots followed through the corridor as Stormtroopers entered. Neema and Bozin fired back.

______________________________________________________________________________

Maas's attacks were quick and precise. He flowed gracefully as he moved against Destin. Destin had never faced an opponent so proficient, beside his late master Bahda Han. Destin made a high-block against one of Maas's vibroblades, followed by a low-block across his left leg. He stepped backwards and twirled, parrying a stabbing attack. Destin raised his lightsaber in front of him. He attacked with a low to high slash and Maas parried it. He then followed with a slash downwards of his saber and Maas blocked with a cross of his vibroblades. They're weapons locked. The electricity of the vibroblades danced off Destin's lightsaber, nearly striking his face. Maas finally pushed Destin away and he staggered back.

"Foolish boy," Maas said. "Now you will never see your sister again."

"You will tell me where she is, Maas!" Destin shouted out in anger.

"You will die!" Maas retorted.

Destin charged.

______________________________________________________________________________