Sacrifice. That word rang in my head as I made my way out of the room. I told Dr. Collins that nothing had happened and made some excuse to leave early. I don't even remember what he had said in return. I was walking on autopilot.

I had the sudden urge to call home. I haven't spoken to my parents since I left, and I didn't realize just how much I missed them. I've never been away from them for this long. I also missed Kellan, but I shoved thoughts of him away. It was hard to think about how close we used to be. So what changed?

I pushed the memory away and decided to think back on it later. Except, I couldn't. My mind kept replaying that short but significant memory over and over in my head. It was like someone put up a projector and was forcing me to watch the memory on repeat.

I opened the dorm room, vaguely aware that there was someone else in here, but I didn't look. Two sacrifices? What did that mean? A sacrifice for what? My mind instantly thought back to the day that I left home to come here. Didn't mom say something similar? That hers happened years later than mine?

I growled angrily as I ripped my skirt off of me. What the fuck does that mean? Why do I feel like everyone is hiding something from me?

"Fucking liars," I grumbled, unbuttoning my shirt and sliding it off.

"Who are you talking about?" Harley's voice interrupted me.

I whirled around, only standing in my plain black bra and thong.

"Why are you shirtless?" I asked, ignoring his question.

It was true though. Harley was leaning against the bunk bed on his side of the room, arms folded across his broad naked chest. His wings were stretched out around him, almost as if they were sizing up an opponent.

He raised a brow and smirked, the sight making me clench a certain area. "Says the one who is standing half-naked in a shared dorm room."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harley's POV

Holy fuck, she's gorgeous, I thought to myself as Maeve growled before ripping off her skirt, showing me her round peachy ass. I felt my cock stiffen at the sight of her angrily ripping her clothes off. Damn, was I one horny motherfucker. I haven't so much as touched another woman in what felt like years.

But I knew that wasn't it. It was HER that was doing this to me. Well, unintentionally. I should probably speak up now.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, making her whirl around, giving me a glimpse of the swell of her breasts on display.

"Why are you shirtless?" she asked, looking me up and down with barely disguised hunger. I guess I'm not the only one who was affected.

I raised a brow with a cocky smirk. "Says the one who is standing half-naked in a shared dorm room."

She shrugged. "I'm not ashamed of my body."

I looked down said body again before biting my lip on a barely contained groan. "You're right. You shouldn't be." What the fuck did I just say?

She bit her lip, eyes widened in surprise. My eyes were drawn to those same lips that touched mine too long ago. I wanted to kiss her...bad. But I couldn't. Just friends, I reminded myself. My eyes met hers and that's when I noticed her pupils.

"You hungry, baby?" I asked in a downright dirty voice. I have no idea where this wave of confidence came from, but I wasn't complaining. There was just something about her that made me feel so unlike myself.