Chapter 1: Awakening

Eren POV:

Eren could see a blinding light above him and he woke up to the mumbling of voices around him.

He began to regain consciousness and could hear his parents arguing in his hospital room

Carla: "He does not need to use his FISTS to solve his problems Grisha-!

Grisha:" Well look at him! He's lying in a hospital bed, looking sorry for himself, he needs to know how to fight back-!"

Carla:" Grisha Jaeger I do not want my son to become a THUG!"

Grisha: "If taught right, he'll learn respect, boxing is a man's sport, not a sport for thugs-

Carla:" Well look what happened to you Grisha! You would come home everyday beaten and bruised for little money!"

Grisha:"It was all I could do, I fucked up in school, came out with nothing, I had to do something to support this family!"

Carla: "WELL I WON'T HAVE EREN ENDING UP THE SAME WAY BECAUSE HE'LL END UP JUST LIKE YOU-!"

Eren:" Mum? Dad? What happened? "

Carla: "Oh darling, why didn't you tell us you were being bullied? Mr Smith tell us there were 6 of them beating you up, not even Mikasa could do anything, they broke her elbow too"

Eren: "Grrr, those bastards, I'll show them"

Carla: "Hey, Eren Kruger Jaeger, do not use that kind of language-!"

Grisha: "Carla please, he's just angry and confused, let me explain to him, go get him some sweets or something"

Carla (whilst glaring at Grisha) : "Fine, just don't complain to me when the boy comes home broken and bru- (she begins to tear up)

Grisha:" He won't, I promise" (smiles weakly)

Carla walks out, sniffing can be heard as she walks down the corridor

Grisha: "Okay Eren, listen kiddo, Mr Smith told us that these kids started attacking you out of no where today. I don't care about why or what your beef is with them, I just want to help you. I understand the ringleader Jean Kirschtein is a boxer, yes? (Eren nods) okay, so first of all kid, you're going to take a week off to heal up, you've got a few cuts and scraps and you can't walk properly due to both your ankles being sprained but you'll be able to use crutches after a week. I'm going to teach you how to box kid, I wasn't the greatest, but it's better than nothing"

Eren: "So, I'll be able to fight them and beat them?" (his eyes light up)

Grisha: "Well, even for a very skilled fighter, it's hard to fight off a big group of people but it'll give you a better chance"

Eren: "I'm ready dad, I'll do whatever it takes"

Grisha: "Good, because your mother isn't in full support of this so you better win otherwise your mother will be down my throat" (he smiles and chuckles"

Eren: "Yeah, I will"

2 month time skip

Eren POV:

Eren: "Hey dad, what are you doing?"

Grisha: "Oh, Eren, I was about to call you, well this is all of my boxing stuff from back in the 80s

(He pulls down 2 boxes, 1 containing 3 gumshields, a pair of boxing gloves and 2 pairs of boxing shorts. The other containing hand wraps, boxing shoes and 2 pieces of paper)

Paper 1:

Paradis Amateur Boxing Liscense/ Profile
Name: Grisha Lukas Jaeger
DOB: 26th January 1968
Years active: 1976- 1986
Bouts: 63
Record (w-l-d): (11 KOs) 49-10-4
Senior weight divisions competitive at (over 17):
Cruiserweight- 1 bout
Light Heavyweight- 3 bouts
Super Middleweight- 2 bouts