xxxviii.

Jimin kept staring at his surrounding looking for a way to escape. It was impossible to be successful. Not in a million years.

This place was crawling with blood suckers. If he ran it would be the end of him. Then again, wasn't this the end already?

He didn't even get to speak to Yoongi or see him. To tell him how he truly felt. He also didn't get to talk to Hoseok again and that just felt wrong.

Hoseok deserved an explanation of why he left. He deserved to know the reason Jimin doubted their love was because of fear of rejection.

He needed to know that because Jimin knew Hoseok stayed up at night wondering what he did wrong. That's just the type of person he was.

Now he wouldn't get to. Hell, he wouldn't even to drop of out of college and explore the world like he had envisioned. He wouldn't get to say goodbye to Jihyo who was his only true friend aside from Yoongi.

"Oh baby, why're you crying?" Jeongin asked reaching over to wipe his tears.

"I—I'm scared." He confessed as more tears streamed down his face.

Jeongin pulled him closer. Close enough that Jimin could smell his breath. A mixture of blood and spearmint. It was truly sickening.

"It's okay, don't worry. It's going to be alright. You can stop crying babe. It's okay." He cooed caressing his face.

Jimin wanted to cry even more. The sweetness of his voice sent all kinds of chills down his body. How could someone be so sweet yet minacious?

"Okay." He responded pushing his emotions to the side.

"There you go dear," he grinned cleaning his face up with a handkerchief. "You're so beautiful. Just gorgeous." He added with a smile.

Jimin forced himself to smile. He couldn't blow his cover. Not yet. If there was any chance of him getting away he needed to make time.

"You remind me a lot of me. Well, human me of course. I was very naive and foolish like yourself. You seem sweet and very kind. I see it in your eyes. I'm terribly sorry I brought you here. I wish I could help, but if I don't hand him a human I'm considered a threat." The last part came out as a whisper.

Jimin had forgotten that they could hear very well. Everyone looked too concentrated chatting with each other that he doubted they were even listening.

"He doesn't need us to bring him food. He can get it himself. The reason he throws this dinner every fifty years is to test our loyalty to him, because although we're free we truly are not. We all belong to him and we're just his puppets. If one day, he shows up to your house—oh, he knows where we live, we always have to tell him where we are—and asks us to join him or get rid of someone we do it. Without any hesitation. That's the only way to stay on his good side. Staying on his good side means you get to live or whatever you want to call this. I'm one hundred and forty two years old and I don't want my immortality to end yet. You my dear, you're collateral damage and for that I apologize."

Jimin kept a blank expression throughout his speech. Is that why Yoongi had been so mad about him showing up to his house? Was he not only scared of his friends, but of this mysterious 'he'?

He finally looked away from him because if he kept staring he'd burst into tears again. "Do you understand dear?" Jeongin wondered reaching over to grab grapes sitting in the center of the table.

Jimin looked ahead his eyes scanning the room yet again. He felt a bit calmer now. To be honest he didn't know why. It's like everything was in pause at the moment.