-Later-

Scottie and Lock were utterly exhausted. That swarm of demon bats wore them out.

Scottie: Dang. I didn't expect a swarm...They really wanted to kill us...

Scottie had checked his and Lock's stats. They had levelled up.

Scottie was now level 21 while Lock was on Level 17. Man time sure flies by.

{Unlocked: Dart rifle
Unlocked ammunition: Poison darts
Unlocked ammunition: Rimfire lead bullets}

{Dart rifle:
- Single shot
- Able to use either darts for or bullets
- Darts are silent}

{New Skill: Needle Rush}

Scottie: Whoa...Did I really just...unlocked somethings. Cool!

He had gotten new skills which include throwing flashbangs, poison darts, and landing six consecutive headshots.

Lock: Sir Scottie...Why did they try to attack us?

Scottie: Maybe it's because we're in the Spirit Tortoise's territory.

Lock: The Spirit Tortoise?

Scottie: Yeah...Those damn leeches were familiars of the Spirit Tortoise. They are capable of firing off rays of light at their enemy. They probably were hostile because they thought we were enemies of the Spirit Tortoise.

Lock: Well...If that's true...then where is he...or she...?

Scottie: (It's a she. But it's best for him to find out later.) She probably ain't here at the moment. Those bats were just being her guard in protecting the place. We shouldn't stay here much long. Because if a swarm of bats had attacked us. Whose to say, they won't try and do it again. Last thing we want is more monsters appearing trying to kill us.

Lock only nodded taking in all that information. Scottie then looked at him before he decided to ask the wolf demi-human a question from earlier.

Scottie: You told me that you trusted Melromarc a while back...but you don't anymore, do you...

Lock:....No...I HATE them...I HATE THEM SO MUCH.

Unlike the cheerful Lock from earlier, this one was holding so much hatred inside of him.

Scottie: Care to explain why...?

Lock:....They attacked my village.

*Flashback*

"CAPTURE THE DEMI-HUMANS!"

"MAKE SURE NO ONE ESCAPES!!!"

"ANYONE WHO TRIES TO INTERVENE WILL DIE!!!"

The whole farming village had turned to hell.

The knights that belong to the Kingdom of Melromarc had attacked them.

They charged into their homes and cause so much harm to many.

They killed most of the demi-human men. But imprisoned their women and children.

Lock: DAD!!!

His father got ambushed by one of the knights. His left arm was bleeding hevaily from a wound. He looked up at knight in horror.

Father: Why...Why are you going this?

Knight: Shut up Scum! Your kind don't deserve to leave!

Mother: Dear!

Father: No! Stay back!

Lock's father looked at him.

Father: Lock! Take your mother amd get out of here!