twenty six

jisung had gotten a taxi home the next morning after sleeping at jackson's house, thanking him on the way out (which earned him a high five and a wink due to the art on his neck.)

he arrived home decently early, about eight am. however, when he walked in the door he was greeted by changbin, seungmin and hyunjin. it wasn't unusual for seungmin to sleep over but it wasn't common for hyunjin since they'd only known him a little while. it was also strange that all three boys were current sat awake at the dining room table.

"um,  hi?" he squeaked upon seeing them all turn to him, serious looks painted their tired faces. 

"han fucking jisung, where have you been? we even called minho, you weren't with him!" the mention of his name had jiusng's stomach twisting into knots, his heart aching slightly. 

"please don't shout," he sighed, holding his throbbing head. he was incredibly hung over today yet thankfully still remembered last night, originally afraid he would wake up with hickeys and not remember the origin of them. "my head is killing me."

"jesus sun, what happened to you? it's not like you to get drunk without us by your side." changbin sad softly, obviously aware something had happened. call it mothers instinct. 

jisung stood in the doorway in yesterdays clothes, his hair was messy and unkempt while he showed signs of discomfort. "don't wanna talk about it, can i please go to bed first? didn't sleep well."

the three boys shared a look, eventually nodding. changbin, who had always been the softest and most caring out of himself, seungmin and jeongin, led him to the bathroom. 

"just wash up a bit first, i'll find you some clean clothes okay? and some cream for...this." he grimaced slightly as he motioned to the purpling bruises littered over his neck messily. 

"shit, bin it's not what it looks like." jisung's eyes widened at the realisation of his actions, the only intent he had last night was to make minho jealous and didn't even think about the implications. 

"it's fine sun, just shower and get some rest okay? i'll go and find some clothes and leave them on your bed." with that, changbin shot him a warm smile and left the bathroom. 

-

jisung awoke with a groan, rolling over in bed and squishing his face into his pillow. it didn't take long for him to pull himself up and reach for his phone for the first time since last night, pulling it off the charger it lit up, showing him a slew of messages he'd missed. 

"shit." he cursed under his breath, almost all of them were worried messages from friends or missed calls. the only one he clicked though was the one from jungwoo. 

woowoo😊

hey, sorry for leaving you alone last night

my boyfriend wanted to bring me home and we didn't wanna wake you

let me know when you wake up so i know ur okay :)

hi :) im ok thx

just hella hungover lol

 i told you not to drink so much smh

whatever dad 🙄✋

he smiled to himself, grateful things had worked out with jungwoo and that they no longer had conflict. just then, he heard his door creak open and hyunjin peak his head round.

"hey jiji, you ready to eat something?" just then, jisung's stomach made a particularly loud growling noise. hyunjin laughed, "i'll take that as a yes, c'mon i'll make pancakes."

he disappeard from the room and jisung followed suit, dragging himself out of bed to meet everyone in the kitchen. 

"jisung what the in the ever loving fuck is that." seungmin said with a horrified look in his eyes, dragging jisung's collar down to reveal the marks jungwoo had left. 

"about that, me and jungwoo are friends now?"

-

"for fucks sake felix, can't you do anything right?!" minho yelled at the boy in front of him. felix had been on edge ever since the argument between minho and jisung, causing him to be jumpier and more skittish than usual which is what caused the spilled coffee.

the freckled boy stayed silent for a minuet, clearly holding back tears. minho must've noticed this because his face immedietly softened, putting down the towel and pulling him into a hug. 

"i'm sorry lix," he whispered as he stroked his hair gently. "i've got so much on my mind right now and i wasn't thinking."

felix nodded as the pulled apart, sympathy in his eyes. due to his newfound closeness with jisung he'd heard all about the argument, although he'd only heard jisung's side of things.

"talk to me min, please." he took a seat on the chair across from minho and guided him to do the same. 

an: hi! i have two other stray kids book on my profile (3racha oneshots and stray kids one shots) if you'd like to check them out :) ily, stay safe!