twenty four

minho felt his eyes widen as he realised that he was being kissed, an instant picture of jisung flashed across his mind and he remembered just how perfect his lips had felt against his own.

he felt his heart ache at the thought of jisung and not being with him right now, that he wasn't the one kissing him.

once the thought had processed that it wasn't jisung, minho came to his senses and pushed the girl away from him by the shoulders. it wasn't enough to hurt her but enough for her to take the hint, minho didn't want her.

she stared at him blankly before rolling her eyes and muttering something along the lines of "fucking boring." before walking the back in the direction she had previously came from, leaving minho in a state of shock and sadness.

those feelings only heightened when he noticed a small blond haired boy with tears rolling down his cheeks from across the room, the area was packed with teenagers having fun yet to minho- jisung was the only thing he could see.

before he could react jisung ran off, bumping into seemingly everyone on the way out. minho felt his heart break even further, he knew he'd just fucked up; badly.

-

jisung had been wandering around the house for a while, he had a red plastic cup in hand with some stale beer. jackson had bumped into him a little while ago and noticed he didn't have a drink with him, enter the beer. he'd only had a sip, enough to cause his face to scrunch up at the taste and decide he didn't want another one.

while on his mission to find someone he recognised, he'd come across minho. the elder was sat at the breakfast bar directly across from where he was standing, talking to a pretty girl.

jisung could feel the anxiety bubble inside him at the thought of going up to him, after what he had said the night before he was honestly terrified he'd pushed minho away and that he didn't want him anymore.

he continued to stand there for a moment, trying to find the courage to approach him. however, when he finally found it the sight he looked up and saw was enough to cause his eyes to well up instantly and his feet to freeze in place.

they were kissing.

as much as the sight made jisung feel sick to his stomach he somehow couldn't bring himself to look away. it only took a second but in the time it took him to wipe the tears from his eyes the girl was gone and minho was staring straight at him with an unreadable expression.

they locked eyes for a second before jisung decided to force his feet to turn around and leave, he couldn't stand the sight of him anymore. it felt like he bumped into every single person on the way (probably because he did) but eventually he found the exit and threw himself on the steps just outside the back door, letting the sobs escape his swollen eyes.

the cold air nipped at the exposed parts of his legs due to the rips in his jeans, it stung but he didn't care much. he still held the filled cup of beer in hand and decided to ignore the bitter taste and down the entire thing, it burned his throat and made his eyes water further but it also felt somewhat good- it didn't taste good, though.

with a heavy sigh he threw the now empty cup into the grass in front of him, letting the tears roll down his cheeks freely. he hated parties.

"jisung? is that you?" he heard a voice ask from behind him, before he could turn around a taller boy sat next to him. it was dark outside so he didn't recognise him straight away, once he'd sat down though jisung could recognise it to be jungwoo.

"hey, don't cry-" he said with an air of sympathy, pulling the smaller boy into a hug and patting his back gently. "what happened?"

jisung wasn't sure exactly how to feel about the situation, this was minho's ex after all. in the end he decided it didn't matter much anymore, "minho was kissing some chick."

"it's not like we were together, though. i can't really be upset." he muttered, letting his head rest on jungwoo's shoulder.

"but you have feelings for him, don't you?" jisung hesitated before nodding slowly, he hadn't admitted this to anyone yet and had only just realised himself so this was somewhat uncomfortable. "then you have every right to be upset."

"come on, let's go and find a room and talk some more." he said, still gently comforting the crying boy in his arms. jisung responded with a small, 'okay' and removed his head.

"jump on my back, you'll get lost otherwise." jungwoo laughed slightly, jisung was small and there was a lot of people so he wasn't exactly wrong.

with a sigh, jisung rolled his eyes and stood up, jungwoo following his action and signalling for the other to jump. he did as instructed and wrapped his legs tightly around him, placing his arms comfortably around jungwoo's neck.

once jungwoo had secured his hold on jisung he began to walk into the house once again, thankfully not spotting the cause of the distress anywhere near. they made their way upstairs and checked a few rooms, all locked, before finally finding a free one.

an: aaa it's new year's eve! for me here in england 2021 is in about 7 hours :0

happy new years 🥰 stay safe and know you're all loved :)