she looks like she's been through it

Start from the beginning

Saiorse walked over to her nightstand, searching for her glasses. She never really wore them, reminders of aspects of the past she never wanted to think about ever again. Yet, of course, she had left her books in the Great Hall, underneath the Hufflepuff table. Obviously, she wasn't going to get them today, she physically couldn't do that to herself. She would get them tomorrow, when she was more stable.

Which was not the case.

THE next day wasn't any better than the last. Although she couldn't sleep, Saiorse still got up for classes. She knew she had to face it at some point, why not now? It was better this way.

She trudged to the Great Hall, a lot of it already filled. The countless conversations bounced off of the stone walls, bombarding Saiorse's ears with impeccably loud noise. It caused her forming migraine to pound the front of her head, trying to get in and get out of the room as fast as she could.

Saiorse walked to her own end of the long table, checking underneath to see her books sloppily thrown into a pile. She didn't really mind how they looked, just as long as they were there.

She had set them on the table, grabbing the arithmancy textbook. It reminded her of the day in first year, when Caspian had asked her what she thought would be her favorite subject. Looking back on it, she would laugh at her foolishness at thinking the subject similar to math would be fun. It felt like it was yesterday.

As she opened the book, all sound in the Hall ceased. They weren't paying attention to Saiorse, no. They were paying attention to her book.

It seemed bewitched. It began to yell, yell across the entire room, gaining the attention of everyone. "Slutty Saiorse," it yelled, "has fucked everyone! Even me!"

Her heart stopped. Almost every student, save about two, burst into laughter. It was hysterical to them, her humiliation. The professors were completely shocked, completely speechless. They couldn't say a word, neither could Saiorse. She had been humiliated one too many times. Her eyes welled up, all of her rage finally bubbling over completely. All of it.

She slammed the book shut, ceasing the noise from the mouths of the students who filled the Great Hall. A teary-eyed frown made it's way to her face, her eyes slowly shutting as she stood from her spot at the Hufflepuff table. A certain blonde Gryffindor watched her with a wide smile, trying to keep her giggles inside as Saiorse slowly stepped towards the never ending waste bin that stood at the end of each house table, dropping the bewitched book into the oblivion.

Her eyes flickered to the Gryffindor table where Marlene was still pointing over to her, nudging Lily who was looking down at her empty breakfast plate. Her head lifted in Saiorse's direction, eyes meeting.

It was like a thousand words were spoken between them as Lily's green met Saiorse's hazel, without any words coming out of any mouths. The silence in the Hall was deafening as the Evans girl looked over the curious faces of the Great Hall, lowering her eyes to the ground as she tried her best to get out of the tense room without shattering into pieces.

"S — SAIORSE, what are you doing here?" Sirius asked her quickly, walking up to the sobbing girl. She just shook her head, the anger that was piling up inside of her speedily conforming into sorrow.