"As if I haven't heard that pun before," Cas grumbled but his beautiful golden eyes returned back to their soft hue.

I looked back to the singed spot of the grass, which surprisingly Coach Marsh was madder about than Reid's burnt body.

I felt a warm hand encompass mine before a gravelly voice spoke in my ear, causing tingles to go down my spine. "We still on for that date tonight?"

I looked up into those vivid green eyes and smiled. "Yes."

Daxon's POV

I tried. I tried so fucking hard to keep that anger locked inside of me. But I couldn't block out that fucker's words.

"Bet I could bang her. She's already fucking four guys, hell, probably more," Reid said with an arrogant tone.

One of his friends, Adrian shook his head, "Nah. She doesn't look like one of those girls, just forget it, Reid."

Reid raised his brows in an egotistical gesture. "Well, I think that she would gladly oblige."

Adrian furrowed his brows in return and looked at Reid with a disgusted expression. "What the fuck, really?"

Reid rolled his eyes. "Are you sure that you're not gay, Adrian? Because that chick literally has fuck me lips. I mean, with that tight little ass and cocky mouth, I might even be able to oversee the fact that she's probably too loose to fuck properly."

That's it. I couldn't hold it back any longer. I couldn't believe that Maeve hasn't had an explosion of her own already. However, looking at her face, she seems to be lost in her own train of thought.

I released a fireball, far bigger than I intended at Reid, making his clothes go up in flames on impact. His screams were music to my ears as his cocky attitude was replaced by pure fear.

Everything after that was pretty much a blur. I remember Coach Marsh freaking out about the fake ass grass on the field and Reid causing the most dramatic scene before walking to the school nurse's office.

I couldn't forget the concerned look on Maeve's face though. She was looking at me in confusion, questioning me about my slip up. I didn't want her to see that side of me. I wanted to be the joking guy that she loves, not a hot-headed douchebag. Although, she does seem to like that about Colt...

I shook my head. I didn't need to worry about that. As if it just suddenly hit me, I thought back to what's coming tonight. A date. Did she mean an actual date? Like do I need to buy roses or some shit? I suddenly felt nervous, pondering what we're going to do tonight. And how far would it go?

Maeve's POV

A date... I asked him out on a fucking date! I took a deep breath. "No, no. It's not like that. We're just friends," I said, not sounding confident whatsoever. And judging by my reflection in the mirror, my subconscious didn't believe it either.

I run the brush through my long wavy silver locks, trying to get out each tangle. That's one side effect of using magic to speed dry my hair. I applied more mascara and dark eyeliner, not feeling confident about the way that I looked for once. Everyone at the academy looks like they were built by the gods, while I felt like an unfinished art project.

I looked down at the tight red dress I had on and wondered if it was too much. I mean, is this like an actual date? Was I suppose to be the one to come up with an idea? Who pays? I would like to say that we'll split it because you know, yay for equality. But I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like to keep my spending money to a limit.