seventeen- nocturnal

Začať od začiatku

"The only people who can see Thestrals," she began, "are people who have seen death."

The class suddenly got quieter than before, "That's exactly right. Ten points to Gryffindor. Now, Thestrals-"

"Hem, hem."

Everyone turned back to see Professor Umbridge standing with her clip board, besides for Hagrid who was looking at the Thestrals.

"Hem, hem."

"Oh- hello!" said Hagrid, smiling at Umbridge.

"You received the note I sent to your cabin this morning?" she asked. "Telling you I would be inspecting your lesson?"

"Oh, yeah," said Hagrid brightly, "Glad yeh found the place all righ'! Well, as you can see- or I dunno- can you? We're doin' Thestrals today-"

"I'm sorry?" Umbridge asked, cupping her hand around her ear and frowning.

"Er- Thestrals!" he replied happily, flapping his arms hopefully. "Big—er— winged horses, yeh know!"

"Results..to...hand...gestures...to..teach..."

"Do you think we could strangle her with her pink cardigan?" whispered Edmund, his accent thick.

"Please." pleated Cassie.

This is going to be a long class.

Soon November ended and came December, bringing more slow and a positive avalanche of homework for the fifth years. Along with piles of homework, Ron and Hermione had prefect duties which took up most of their time, and Hermione was still knitting elf hats- fretting that she was down to her last three.

Harry had informed Cassie and Ron that Dobby was taking everything Hermione made. None of them had the heart to tell her, and decided to let her believe it. Cassie had been owled about spending Christmas at her house, and found out Hermione was going skiing while Ron and Harry went to The Burrow.

After the last DA meeting before the holidays, Cassie made her way to the common room with Hermione and Ron. Ron was doing his homework while Hermione was writing a letter and Cassie was reading a book, while Harry walked in the portrait hole.

"What kept you?" Ron asked, as Harry sank into the couch next to Cassie.

After he didn't answer, the three friends threw each other confused looks. Hermione began again, "Are you alright?"

"What's up? What's happened?" asked Cassie.

Harry stayed quiet, slightly shaking his head as in disbelief.

"Is it Cho?" asked Hermione. "Did she corner you after the meeting?"

Harry nodded, causing Ron to snigger.

"So, what did she want?" Cassie asked, even though she was sure she already knew the answer.

"She...she..."

"Did you kiss?" Hermione asked briskly, causing Ron to sit up so fast his ink flew all over the rug.

"Well?" he asked excitedly.

Harry nodded slowly as Cassie and Ron high fived each other in victory.

"Well?" asked Cassie, "How was it?"

Harry thought for a moment, "Wet."

Cassie backed up with a face mixed between confused, joy, and disgust, Ron the same.

"At least but her a drink first." said Cassie jokingly.

Harry quickly shut down the thought that went was going through his friend's heads and told them how Cho was crying. Cassie felt bad for assuming what had happened and immediately wanted to go comfort her in her dormitory.