| 16 |

disclaimer: just realized im a mastermind and if i really wanted to own grey's anatomy i could do it, sadly, i haven't yet

On the ride back to my house my pager started to go off like crazy, so did Meredith's. I debated on what should I do. I could get Meredith somewhere where she could sleep off but if something truly tragic had happened, they will need as many people at the hospital as possible.

I turned my car around and drove off to the hospital. While driving, I tried to talk some sense into Meredith and prepare her for the night she was about to have.

"We're going to get there, you're going to insert a banana bag, and walk like that around the hospital till the alcohol wears off, only then you are allowed to help, do you understand?" I spoke very carefully, knowing how fragile her mind was at the moment. All I heard was a nod from her but that was enough.

We got to the hospital and I got Meredith to settle down and get some rest while the banana bag was doing its magic. In the meantime, I had to get myself in the shape to cut people open.

No one needed my help that much, most of the cases were trauma cases, so I just walked around the hospital while also check on my sister.

I did, however, stumble upon a room with doctors who were having an argument. Those doctors were Derek, Bailey, and Burke.

"What happened to these poor people?" I started as an attempt to stop them from bickering, which it did. I looked at the scans that they were arguing over, it was quite messy.

"An accident, there is a big metal pole between them, which makes this all the way more complicated." Dr. Burke answered first, passing me the chart, most likely waiting for me to agree with him rather than Derek.

"There's not much we can do, is there?" I raised my eyes from the chart to them. "This woman's chest has suffered the most, we can save one of them, not both." I exhaled, this was something truly tragic, there was no doubt.

"The woman's nerve system, in this position, is more fragile, if we move her, she will most likely die, but if we move him, we have a better chance at saving her," Derek added, agreeing with me. I hated this most about medicine, the days we got to play God, but is it worth it when its either saving one or saving the other?

"So how do you choose, how do you decide which one lives?" Meredith had appeared out of nowhere, the banana bag still intact.

No one answered her question, because no one had any clue. Derek took down the scans from the board and folded them together, making it known to everyone that this conversation was over.