061

"LEAVING?!" Bryn shouts and stands up from her seat.

"Would you shut up?!" Zel warns in gritted teeth that made Bryn look around to a few pair of eyes that she had caught the attention of. She shyly nods in apology and sits back.

"For real this time?" Bryn asks, now in a hushed tone.

After her assured recovery, Harry had permitted his girlfriend to go out so Vee has messaged the two girls to meet her at a café to talk about a few things. While they're waiting for her, Zel mentions that Vee is departing sooner than they know, just how Vee told her about it.

"Maybe..." Zel shrugs.

"It maybe not, you know?" Bryn second thinks. "I mean, knowing Vee, she's whipped for him and he to her. She had many chances and attempts of leaving before. But whenever she takes a step away, she always comes back to him. How would she leave just like that?"

Zel sighs. The truth is, she really don't know. Sure, she has a point. But the Vee she know can endure the pain she'll feel and give him space in order for them to breathe. Ever since, Vesper has always been a mystery.

After a few minutes, Vee came up in the café and joined them. It was silent until Bryn broke it.

"You're leaving?" She asks, reverting both of their eyes on her.

She sighs and nods her head slowly.

"Leaving Harry like break up with him? Or resign?" Bryn asks again like the previous question she asked Zel.

"Both." Vee answers with a voice crack and lowers her head.

"Why? What happened?"

"I just..." Vee pauses to breathe. "I just don't want to cause him any trouble anymore."

Both of the girls thought deeply at what she said.

"He's been over protective too much of me ever since my recovery."

"I can't blame him. I would too after all that happened."

"But he's been slacking at his career, he has to get home but can't because of me and he's just..."

"Stopping his life for you?" Zel who have been quiet for a while states.

Vee nods slowly.

"But why do I feel like there's more than that?" Zel wonders as both stares at Vee who rounds her finger at the rim of her glass of water. "You're not telling something, are you?"

"Vee..." Bryn warns her.

She sighs before speaking again. "The day we were getting out of the hospital, something happened. Well, someone showed up."

Bryn was about to open her mouth to ask but Zel stops her and just lets Vee continue her story.

"The ex girlfriend of his came back."

Furrowed eyebrows, Vee earned from them.

"Camille Rowe." And the pair of eyes focused on her became in round shaped.

"The French model? They were real? How come he never mentioned her to us?" Bryn uses her voice in a whisper, preventing what happened earlier to happen again.

"She's the one he wrote some songs about?" Zel asks, again after a few minutes of being silent.

"The songs he had written about her, the unmentioned relationship to anyone, their talk and stares at the hospital..."

Vee couldn't go on and remember at the same time without hurting.

"He obviously hasn't moved on from her."

"Don't you think him not mentioning her to you is just him being careful not to affect your relationship?" Zel asks, not believing everything that's happening.

"He said I'm just his friend who he's kind enough to look out for in the hospital. Not his girlfriend." Vee swallows the lump in her throat as she says those words.

Both of their jaws have fallen to the ground and Bryn is the first one to recover.

"That motherfucking piece of shit." She spits in gritted teeth.

"Bryn..." Zel warns her.

"Motherfucking piece of shit that I love though." Vee chuckles as she wipes the tears that unexpectedly fell from her eyes. "I don't want to bring him any trouble like second guessing if he loves me or he still loves her."

"If you love him, let him go..." Zel whispers but they both catch it. "That's what you have always told me about him, right? Probably best if you follow your own advice."

"Yes but I love him. And we've grown so much with each other to the fact that I can't imagine living my life without him." Vee defends.

"Vee, just because you love him doesn't mean you have to stay. There are some people that you've just got to love from a distance." Zel comforts.

"And to be honest, the relationship is becoming more toxic than before. And if you haven't noticed, even if you're happy with him most of the time, you cry almost frequently it's scary." Bryn supports Zel's words.

"If I leave him, I'm resigning and I won't be able to see you two again." Vee worries.

"Vee, we'll be alright. Just always remember that we're one call away whenever you need us." Bryn holds her left hand.

"And live your life for you. Your first priority must be you and don't treat yourself as an option. How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you." Zel holds her right hand and both of them smile at her.

"Thank you for everything. Sorry because sometimes I'm a bit fucked up, you know..." Vee giggles and sniffs, making them chuckle.

"You'll be missed by everyone." Bryn announces.

"How are you going to say goodbye to Harry?" Zel asks, making Vee pause but soon enough shrugs.

"You are going to say goodbye to him, right?" Zel assures.

"My mother says I have to. But I don't know how to. I mean, he'll hate me..." Vee jokes but made her friends frown.

"You know he's incapable of doing that." Zel remarks.

"We wouldn't know but I can't tell him my real reason if we ever talk."

"And why's that?" Bryn narrows her brows.

"Because he'll always going to find something to make me stay. And the reason I'm not sure that I'll talk to him is because when I hear his words and his voice, I'm not sure if I'll ever succeed on leaving him." Vee sighs. "Just take care of him for me when I go."

"Don't worry. No more ex girlfriends of his, not on my watch." Bryn kids that made them laugh.