065

Song of the Chapter: I'm Alright - Jersey Green

"DON'T know what t'say nor how t'continue..." He starts, breathless.

Hesitating to continue for he knew (but fears) how the 'talk' would end.

"Harry, we shouldn't even talk right now." She tries to avoid him with her body movement.

"So what? You're just goin' to leave and not talk to me?" He scoffs and exaggerates his hand gestures to him. "Why?"

"Harry..."

"Was it the sex?" He asks in whisper.

"What?" Her eyes widen.

"Was it because I didn't make you come?"

"No, Harry... I just really have to leave."

As her aunt instructed, they went for the farthest corner of the airport and away from everyone.

"And I can't talk to you before I leave." She sighs, fumbling with her fingers.

"And why s'that?"

"Because the sound of your voice and the sight of your eyes makes me want to stay." She admits with her soft voice, looking up to meet his gaze finally.

He softens and realizes that he's starting to lose his temper again so he sighs to control his breath. "Then why can't you?"

"My family... And my studies..." She stutters.

"And you have to break up with me in order for you to do those?" His voice cracking.

"You will not let me go. I know that. I mean, you said it yourself."

"I would if you made me understand." He partially lies, his selfish state would never do that. "And what you saw at the hospital..."

He remembers what the girls told him. That one moment he hoped she wouldn't have ever see.

"Does Camille have to do with this? Is she the reason why you're breakin' up with me?" He asks carefully.

"You have to focus on yourself first, Harry. I knew when I kissed you before we left the hospital, you had second thoughts. Don't deny it to me."

"But, Vesper... I really love you." He holds her hands with his.

"I know that. And I love you, Harry. But she will always be someone who stays in your heart, won't she?" She weakly smiles at him.

He was about to open up his mouth to protest but she cuts him off before he makes up an excuse to convince her to stay.

"I don't want to cause you any trouble by confusing your thoughts and feelings. I'll leave in order for you to be clarified on what's going on here..." She pulls away her hands from him to point at his head to refer to his mind then to his chest, referring to his heart. "And here."

She looks away from him for a while to look around the surroundings. She checks for an audience to their little show but she remembers her flight is near to happening.

"I got to go..." She turns around but he grabs her waist to make her face him again.

"Vesper. You said in your letter that ya want me to do somethin' for ya." He swallows to stop him from crying. "Well, I want you to do something for me."

His glossy green eyes looks at her brown eyes, treasuring that it will be one of the very last time it'll be called reality. He trails his index finger through her arm delicate, making her shiver. Then he meets her eyes again that is now widening from her reaction.

"When you're picking up a blade or a knife or ya feel like cuttin' or hurtin' yourself, I want ya to imagine yourself takin' me arms, look me in the eyes and cut as many times as ya would to yourself."

She gulps as her now widened eyes sheds some tears. "I couldn't do that."

"So, ya understand how I feel about ya doin' those."

He brings his hand to wipe her tears from her face. His face holds an emotion of real emptiness, knowing it will be the last time he'll touch and hold her.

"Was never plannin' on lettin' ya go but look where we are now." He chuckles bitterly that made her frown, never expecting she'll hear that kind of sound from him.

"I'm sorry because in this relationship, you became stronger and I just became weaker. I'm sorry if you were left the only one holding on and I slip away. I'm so sorry for hurting and leaving you. You deserve way better than me." She burst into tears. Each voice cracking sob of hers breaks his heart.

"Shh, don't apologize, baby. Was never your fault. Don't blame yourself." He cups her face.

Memorizing every detail of her as if it will be his last. Well, it will be. Looking at her every texture and every sensation he needs to keep in his mind about her are being put aside to the farthest corner of his clouded mind.

"When destiny decides t'cross our paths again and continues writin' our story, I'll make sure then that we will 'ave a happy ending."

She smiles and prepares to say her final words to him. "I love you, my sky."

He presses his lips together as tears furiously keep falling from his eyes. "I love you, me star."

He didn't waste any more time he has left with her and kiss her. Love and passion, kissing as though words were not enough for them to say goodbye and they love each other.

"Vee." Both were startled that made her pull away from him.

She looks at the direction of the voice calling but his eyes remained (where it was before he closed it due to the kiss) on her.

"Don't want you to be late." Her aunt informs. "They're calling your flight."

She steps away from him. "Bye, Harry."

"Shut up." He whines. "Don't say that bloody word."

She giggles, one of the sounds he'll definitely miss. "I won't. But don't follow me to."

He sighs in defeat but nods in agreement. He probably knows to himself that he'll stop her. She gives away one final smile.

"And don't contact me or anyone connected or related to me."

"Vesper..." He groans but he catches her stern stare. "It'll be difficult fo' me t'do that."

"Nothing's easy in life anyway." She shrugs. "And if it makes you any better, you won't be the only one who'll suffer on trying not to do that."

He chuckles at her response. When silence took over them, she waves her hand at him and walks away. He watches her hug her aunt and leave. Until she is out of her sight, he aggressively wipes his own face to get rid of the tears that stained his cheeks. He pulls his hair out of frustration. She's really leaving him.

Everything is a blur and his mind is occupied when a hand lays on his shoulder. He turns around and follows whose hand was it.

"Let's go and have a coffee." Her aunt offers with a warm smiles.

"S'okay. Have to go anyway."

She shakes her head and insists. "It's not going to be an easy day for you."

Hesitating but having second thoughts. She's right because it really won't going to be easy but she's wrong because it's not just going to be a day.

"Let's talk, you'll need it."