046

Song of the Chapter - Picture Perfect (acoustic ver.) - Charity Vance

HEARTBREAKING sight welcomes Vee as soon as she saw him. Staring at the beautiful view yet tears are falling from his jade eyes. Vee hesitates if she'll walk up to him or leave him be. But if she did leave him be and knows that he's crying, she'll never forgive herself.

Slowly, she walks towards him, the sniffs being more audible as she get near. She wraps her arms around his waist while his back is facing her making him freeze. She leans her cheek on his back while his hands caresses her arms.

"Back hugs always make me feel better." She informs as her arms linger him, holding him securely between them. "Sorry I'm just not doing it properly since I'm short."

He chuckles, his nose obviously stuffed. "Don't apologize, ya did it perfectly."

He pulls her arms away as he turns around to face her. His puffy eyes stares at her concerned eyes, making her frown. "Are you alright?"

He nods as it is now his turn to wrap his arms around her waist. "Me and me mum just had an emotional conversation."

He sniffs as her hand wrap around his neck. Vee was contented with his answer. She wouldn't force him if he doesn't want to open up, maybe he's not ready. Gladly, he speaks again.

"We just miss Robin." His voice starts to crack again. "I miss Robin."

He starts sobbing again. Vee hushes him and pulls him down to her level as she tiptoes, considering the idea of wearing heels instead of boots around him. He hides his face in the crook of her neck as her hands plays with his curly hair.

"Wherever he is, I assure you that he's proud of you." She says truthfully. "He watches you being the performer you were born to be with the biggest smile on his lips, knowing he deserves what you have right now."

He pulls away from her but didn't let go of his grip onto her. She stands up straight again, looking up to him with her full feet on the ground now.

"S'not true." He shakes his head as a small sad smile creeps into his lips. "I have ya yet I don't deserve ya."

"Don't think like that." She frowns. "I don't deserve you."

She smiles up to him to encourage him to smile as well.

"In fact, I truly applaud you, Harry." She compliments him. "It takes guts for a man to do an act of vulnerability, especially in front of women."

He finally grins as his words sunk into him. He stares directly into her eyes as he brings his hand up to stroke her cheek.

"I love you." He whispers, mostly to himself but loud enough for her to hear it. "Thanks for comfortin' me, Vee. Really, I appreciate it very much."

She blushes as an idea comes up to her mind. "Come on, I know something to cheer you up."

She pulls his hand and wraps her with it. She runs towards inside of the venue, dragging him to absolutely nowhere to his imagination. On their way, he can't help but to intertwine their fingers, claiming his and her hands as one.

They found themselves in a room a few minutes. The only company they have is him, her and a giant, black piano in front of them.

She pulls him to the piano stool. She sits and shifts so he can sit beside her.

"Okay, so..." She starts as she opens the piano and drags her fingers along the keys. "Bryn taught me a few more notes to play so I kinda wrote a song about you... And me..."

"Bout us?" He asks, his smirk coming back to his pink, luscious lips. "Writin' a song without me knowin' it?"

"Well, now you know." She shies, making his heart flutter. "I've been dying to make you listen to this but... It never like came up, you know? I mean, it's not like I'm proposing this song to be in your album or record it or anything at all it's just that---"

"Vee." He cuts her rambling with a smirk. "Just play it. S'gonna be amazing no mat'er what."

She sighs and nods as her fingers starts to play the keys.

"Ooh, oh, oh
Ooh, oh, oh"

She starts with some vocalizing, making her even more of an angel in his eyes.

"Kissing in the rain
Walking on the beach"

Memories of their dates showed up as soon as he heard the first two lines, making him smirk.

"I can see it now
Almost happening
Sneaking out at night
Living like we're free
You and I can do anything we please"

She takes little glances between him and the piano keys. When she catches his stare, he shrugs at the the lyrics stating nothing but a fact.

"You've got the face to fit the frame
I cannot look away
Like can't you see
I'm hypnotized"

His look soften and his smirk turns into a genuine smile now.

"We're picture perfect
Sweet like candy
I'll be your girl
Yeah
I'll be your baby
Picture perfect
Barefoot beauty
You stole my heart
Just like in a movie
Got the key to me
Tell me, tell me
I'm your darling daisy
Picture perfect
Sweet like candy
I'll be your girl
Yeah
I'll be your baby"

The genuine smile of his turns into an open mouth grin with his eyes widening as well, hearing her lyrics.

"Spinning me around
Falling on the ground"

Both of them chuckles at the memory.

"Got to say your voice
Is my favorite sound
Counting every star
Dreaming every dream
You and I could live out the perfect scene"

His hand lays on top of her thigh and he winks as he remembers the moment they stargazed. As she repeats the chorus, he assures if she really did say that. That she was mine.

"Saw your face
In my dream
You and I
Had everything
A fairytail
A fantasy
We could be anything
Saw your face
In my dream
You and I
Had everything
A fairytale
A fantasy
We could be"

We could be anything, love. You and I. It has such a nice ring to it. They'll be better than a fairytale and a fantasy, Harry assures it, they'll be reality.

"Tell me, tell me
I'm your darling daisy
Picture perfect
Sweet like candy
I'll be your girl
Yeah
I'll be your baby"

She pulls her fingers away from the piano and closes it.

"S'beautiful." Harry whispers. Him not taking his eyes off of Vee pertains that he wasn't just describing the song but the one he's looking at himself.

Her hands brings themselves cautiously slow to cupped his face. Focusing on reading her eyes, he didn't notice her leaning closer to him. A centimeter was quite a distance for their lips. Brushing and inhaling each other's exhales. She looks up at him one last time until her lips press up onto his.

a/n:

I'll be posting a playlist of all the songs I listened and included in this book at the very last chapter so please be patient.