041

"THANKS for making the best day of my life happen, Vee!" Zel beams as she bear hugs a giggling Vee. 

"No worries." Vee shrugs when she pulls away. "Besides, it's like you two are really meant to meet. I just had to make it into reality."

"They're meant to be, all right." Bryn teases. "The chemistry was bursting inside the room."

"Stop..." Zel blushes.

"No wonder he asked you on a date immediately." Bryn shrugs, making Vee's eyes widen.

"He what?!" She stops walking and stands in front of Bryn. "And you agreed, right?"

"Y-yes." Zel stutters as she tucks a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Bryn and Vee exchange looks and squeals together. The elevator rings and opens, leading them to the ground floor of the hotel. 

"Vee, you're in charge with her outfit. I'll do the hair and make up." Bryn instructs as they reach the exit of the hotel. "We'll go a few hours before your date tomorrow night at your place." 

Vee agrees as the two walks in different direction. She waits for her uber when a familiar expensive Jaguar that she saw on her Twitter fan account stops in front of her. He comes out with full confidence and authority, looking at her behind the shades and leaning his right arm on the top of the car door.

"What are you doing here?"

"M'gonna be askin' you the same question as soon as you get in." He orders sternly, making her abide with no hesitation.

When she sits on the passenger's seat of the vehicle, he gets in, making sure he closes the door loud and strong and drove abruptly, causing her to flinch. It was obvoous he's angry so she hesitates to say a word but she has to.

"Harry---"

"What were you doin' in the same hotel where Shawn Mendes is checked in?!" He asks, jaw clenching.

"How can you even tell that Shawn was really checked in at that hotel?"

"I found out that he has been textin' ya so I immediately asked for his where 'bouts..." He answers, his voice fading as he realizes each word being released by his mouth.

"You snooped on my phone, specifically my text messages, and practically got me tracked down?!" Vee raises her voice.

He glances at her only to see his favorite pair of eyes widening while eyebrows being pulled in. He swallows a huge gulp, knowing he had upset her.

"S'just---"

"Can we talk later?" She asks while preparing her earphones to be put on her ears. "We won't resolve things by shouting and screaming on each other's faces. I don't want to regret anything and I know you do too."

He sighs out of frustration. Frustrated that he took it far.

We're not even in a relationship.

Yet he's already being possessive. He blames himself for putting a frown on her lips and pain into her eyes. He was jealous, no doubt. Causing him to black out and did those prying but he went overboard.

As soon as he parked his car in the garage, she didn't waste a second to get off the car. He has the same speed - multiplied even - to catch up on her. They reach his living room, stopping her by grabbing her forearm. 

"Vee..."

"I have feelings for you." Vee turns around to face him. "I just can't say it back yet because a lot of things will definitely change. I know you know that. It's the reason why you're not giving up on me, right?"

He just stares at her as a response. Although she manages to keep her voice calm, her eyes bears a frightening intensity on them.

"During the Met, I was nervous. I was meeting people, celebrities, that would probably forget about talking to me after a millisecond. You were the only one I was depending on for some companionship but you were with someone else. You were with everyone, entertaining them and socializing to every single person. Including her."

She easily removes his grip on her while he furrows his eyebrows. Kendall Jenner.

"Fuck desperation, fuck ego, fuck pride. I was jealous: Jealous of her being with your side all the time and whenever she wants to; Jealous that she can put up a smile on your lips, knowing she had done it before; Jealous that she can make herself look beautiful in your eyes without doing anything at all while I'm out there clueless and dumbfounded about what's happening. Shawn filled that feeling of needing someone who's going to guide me through the event. And by that, we became friends. We've been texting and met up today because he offers me a job as his lyricist."

He narrows his brows, knowing their agreement is not yet done. Also because he wasn't ready to share her.

"Also Nicki Minaj's assistant wants me to work with her for her next album. But I both declined. Because I considered you. I was still dedicated to you and we both know it's not just professionally speaking. So I brought Bryn and Zel to recommend them instead of hiring me. And tomorrow night, I'll have to help to prepare Zel on her date with Shawn."

He widens his eyes, realizing his assumptions was nothing close to the truth. 

"So much for trusting me..." She mumbles as the tears she had been fighting to not fall fell while he widen his eyes even more, realizing what had really hurt her.

She turns her back on him but he embraces her with his muscular biceps around her waist and traps her in his arms. She tries to get away but her strength is nothing close to his. He buries his head on her hair while she still tries to withdraw herself from his grip while sniffing. He kisses her head once, twice, thrice, multiple times. Bearing every kiss of his is an apology for being an insensitive dickhead. 

"M'so sorry, Vee. Sorry. M'so so so sorry." He begs for forgiveness. "The last thing I wanna do to ya s'bring you pain, you know that. I was just bein' a selfish prick. Got blinded by jealousy. M'such an arrogant son of a bitch." 

She finally turns around without removing his arms around her and wraps her arms around his body. He pulls her body as if space and distance never existed in their world. Her head's on his chest, she listens to his heartbeat considering it as one of her favorite rhythms of all time. And even though the argument stressed both of them, they can't keep on going back to each other in the end of the day.