030

Song of the Chapter: A Whole New World - ZAYN x Zhavia Ward from Aladdin

"SERIOUSLY?!" Jeff exclaims while standing up and throwing his hands up in the air.

"Shut the bloody fuck up." Harry says in gritted teeth and pulls him back to his seat besides him. "Someone might 'ear ya."

"I'm just so surprised, Haz!"

"Why? Ev'ryone knows I fancy her, I just never had the balls to tell 'er until now..." 

"Sure, Harry..." Jeff drags. 

"Why are ya usin' that tone?" Harry asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Look, Vee's beautiful, smart, talented and has the biggest heart like you."

"But?"

"Harry, we're in New York and it's the Met Gala." Jeff hints.

"M'aware..." He comments, unsure of where's the conversation going.

"Why don't you just wait after the Met Gala? I mean, Kendall's going to be there." Jeff informs, making Harry fall his head onto his hands and shakes it out of disbelief. "You two are probably going to hang out!"

"Wait, wait, wait." Harry stops him from continuing so he could share his thought. "You don't fancy Vee for me, do you?"

"It's not like that." He defends. "I'm just trying to say that why don't you weigh your options before making a final decision?"

"You're not convincin' me that you don't fancy Vee..." Harry states.

He sighs audibly. "It's not like I don't like her. Like who doesn't like Vee? She's the sweetest! But for you?" He pauses. "Not the biggest fan..."

Harry nods his head slowly. "At least I've finally pushed ya t'say the truth."

"Don't get me wrong!  I don't want to be the Montagues and the Capulets of this Romeo & Juliet story of yours but Vee has the same age as Juliet and you have the age of Friar Laurence." 

"You've read Romeo and Juliet?" Harry chuckles humorlessly.

"It's too overrated. There's no need for you to read it in order for you to know the story or even the characters."

"Yeah but ya dickhead!" He spits. "Seriously comparin' me to the priest who wedded 'em? That old?!" Harry was about to hit him on his head but Jeff held his hands up in defense.

"Oh, come on! You get my point!" 

"Yeah, yeah! But age doesn't matter, right?" Harry mumbles with his British tone.

"Right, if you two are both legal and if you're not a rock star slash fashion icon to many." Jeff remarks as he stands up. "Right. I'm gonna go and check if everything's turned off around the recording booth." He exits the room, leaving Harry left alone to think.

He has a point. She is still a minor. Not legal yet. Fuck. But she's more matured than any 20-year-old and above people he had met. And she never cared about his status in life. That's why he feels so comfortable to be himself whenever he's around her. But Jeff is his manager and friend. And his opinion matters. If one of his close friends already disagrees, what if it's somebody else?

"Harold..."

A voice cheers in a sing song voice that made him look up from the view he has found interested, the ground.

"Did I interrupt you in your deep thoughts." Lambert sits beside Styles and taps his shoulders.

"Maybe s'the Met, 'Arry." He lies. "S'gonna be me first time, ya know..."

"Yeah, cut the bullshit." He cuts him off. "I know it's Vesper."

"M'really that obvious?"

"Well, yes." He responds quickly that made them chuckle. "Also, I think I've known you well. You get nervous, that's given but you're not the type of person to overthink about events like this even though it's your first time. And you've been doing this for years, you can't possibly just worry about what to do or what to say."

"Yeah..." He whispers while leaning his elbows on his knees and shifts forward from his seat on the couch. "S'just that. Been thinkin' 'bout what Jeff said 'bout her. Says she's too young for me and m'aware of that but I don't give a fuck, ya know? But also like, should I or shouldn't I give a fuck? I mean, her maturity s'way more important than just a number."

"Then persuade her."

He looks back at him. "Really? You sure? I mean..."

"Harry, if gender doesn't matter in relationships, why should age do?" He humors with an 'as a matter of fact' tone that made him chuckle. 

"Fuck, ya both got a point. Don't know which one am I goin' to follow..." He hides his face on his hands.

"Well, if it makes you feel a little better." Lambert starts that made Styles look up to him. "I've really love her vision in terms of styles. So when the whole team were brainstorming ideas, I can't stop thinking about Vee's suggestions which lead me to picking the outfit you'll be wearing to the Met. Her brilliant idea of resembling your next era to your outfit made me speechless. And we're going to need her help. She's a great addition to our team, if it's possible. And a few more information, she'll catch up and knowledgeable enough to---"

"Get to the point, 'Arry." Styles interrupts.

"Sorry, I just rambled about her existence." He apologizes while fanning himself with his hands. "I talked about this to Harris and obviously, Reed agrees. I invited her to help me with your styling for the Met and she said yes so that means..." He drags as a smirk grows on Styles's lips.

"She s'goin'!" He booms as he wraps his arms around Lambert in a bear hug that took him taken aback. His special girl on one of his special nights? He can cope with that.

"Hazza! My outfit!" Lambert complains comically.

Styles apologizes as he releases him from his hold.

"Wow, you really are whipped for her..." Lambert ponders, now making Styles taken aback.

"Fuck, I think I do..." 

"Incorrect answer." Lambert remarks. "Oh. My. Gosh. Harold. Edward. Styles."

"What?!" Styles whines.

"You don't just think that you love her. You should feel you love her. You should know that you love her." Lambert lectures that made him sigh heavily. "Your thoughts can wait. You still have a pre-Met Gala dinner to attend to and you have to get dress like right now, honey!"

a/n:

no proofreading at all but the Met Gala chapter/s are the next updates!!!