048

LOOKING at the following blinding and sparkling stars from above doesn't make any difference on what Harry's doing now. Only the stars he's staring at are behind a glass from below.

"Anything I could do for you, sir?" The saleslady asks him, noticing he has been looking at the rings section for a while now.

"The woman I've been pursuin' for a while just agreed to be me girlfriend and... I just want somethin' to give 'er as a sign of gratitude...." He looks up from the various shiny rings to the middle-aged lady with a warm smile plastered on his lips. "Also 'er special day s'comin' up."

Vee flew back to US almost immediately since Bryn called and informed her that Zel needs them for her. He offered to fly together but she insisted on going alone since his family wouldn't want to let go of him just yet. At first it was a problem for him since it's going to be the first time she'll be miles away from him but it eventually become alright to him since it bought him time to look for a perfect present for her.

The woman returns his smile with a pair of eyes full of awe looking at him. "How very sweet of you!" 

"Thank you..." He blushes.

"Well, you want to give her a ring?"

"A promise ring, yeah..."

"That's a great idea!" The woman compliments. "What do you think your lovely girlfriend would prefer? Usually, a simple but elegant big rock are a best-seller..."

"Yeah but she s'not usual..." He says in a matter of fact. "She s'not the usual 'big diamond rock' kind of gal... S'one of the many reasons why I've fallen in love with 'er, ya know?"

"Stop gawking, son! I get it, you're in love!" The woman jokes that made him chuckle. "What do you have in mind then?"

"Ehrm... M'stuck on choosin' b'tween her favourite color or her birthstone..." He scans the rings as his index finger and thumb plays with his bottom lip.

"Why don't you have both?" She suggests carefully.

He looks up to her with a curious look. "You've those?"

"Sure!" She claps her hands together excitedly. "What's her favorite color?"

"Uhm, purple." 

"And her birthstone?"

"Dunno..." He shyly answers, making the accommodating woman chuckle. 

"What's her birth month?"

"August."

"Then hers is the Peridot. And I just have the perfect ring, wait up." She walks away to get the said 'perfect ring' and comes back with a proud smile.

The silver rings holds two heart shaped gem stones; a purple one for her favorite color and a green colored one which he assumes is her birthstone but he can't help but be reminded that it is his eye color and his favorite.

"May I ask..." He starts, looking up from the ring to the lady who has been nothing but kind and welcoming towards him. "What s'the birthstone that s'coloured purple?"

"Amethyst. Birthstone of the month of February." His eyes widen due to the pure coincidence.

He chuckles as he shakes his head in disbelief after he recovered from his shock.

"Destiny." He whispers, a smirk growing on his lips slowly.

"What did you say?" She asks, hearing a little whispering but wasn't clear for her.

His smirk stays. "Oh. It s'just that I never doubted ya." He pulls his wallet from the back pocket of his trousers. "How much?"

"I'm not going to lie, this perfect ring will cost more than average..."

"Money s'not an issue. It can cost so much, sky s'the limit! Her reaction when I give 'er this will be priceless and all worth it." He blurts.

"She's very lucky to have someone like you who loves her like that." She smiles genuinely.

"Trust me, m'luckier to have 'er now and I'd be a total prick if I didn't do this right." He admits.

"I can only imagine how beautiful of a woman she is on how you describe her." She beams. "You're practically worshiping her!" She accepts his credit card and deals with the receipt.

"With your kind accommodation? M'surprise people aren't showin' up 'round 'ere." 

"Well, we provide the best service, including security." She states. He furrows his eyebrows and she chuckles.

She points outside  and saw that the store is close, couple of guards blocking the crowd from entering. His eyes widen in surprise as he turns around back to face the old lady.

"Anything else, Mr. Styles?" For the first time, she mentions his name even though she's fully aware who he is the second she saw him but didn't break any ice. 

He just shook his head, speechless.

"I should meet her someday when you bring her here."

"I would definitely go back 'ere with 'er, yeah, sure." He nods as a smile slowly creeps onto his lips. "May I at least know your name, madame?"

"Veronica, Mr. Styles." She answers. "But please call me Roni if you may..."

"Please, call me Harry." He reckons. "Would ya think I can still buy a pair of couple necklaces?"

"But of course, Harry!" She chimes. "Any specific charm you want?"

"Yes. A star and a moon."

"Certainly."

"Also, could ya include the star necklace in the same box of the ring and place a let'er?" He asks.

"Aww, a love letter! Could you get anymore sweeter?" She cooes.

"She s'a sucker fo' love let'ers." He blushes.

"What would you write inside of it?"

"Perhaps, the quote 'bout destiny and stars of William Shakespeare." He muses proudly.

"Shakespeare?" She asks, even more amused. "She's a romantic, then. She will love all of this, Harry."

"I hope not t'the point where she'll love it more than me." He shyly confesses.

"Oh no, you silly!" She reacts quite super, making him softly laugh. "What about the moon necklace? Different box?"

"No, m'gonna wear it." He answers. "Her last name is 'Moon' so..."

"And her is because she's a star..."

She guesses and he nods as he looks down to hide his blush and looks back up to her.

"You have to come back here and tell me the story of her reaction when you give this to her." She hands him the bag.

"Of course, Roni. Will see ya soon with 'er." 

He offers her a handshake and a kiss on the cheek before exiting the store. Now, he's on his way to the airport and fly nowhere but beside Vee.