031: Met Gala '19 (I)

STARGAZING right now is what Vee has been doing for what felt like hours already but not the usual that she enjoys the stars she's staring at... A lot of stars have gathered tonight but the two stars that shines brightly through her eyes and knowing the history behind those bright sparkles, makes her feel empty.

"He can be flirty unintentionally." Lambert remarks when he sees Vee has been staring at Harry and Kendall talking, turning her back from the hurtful view she has been focusing. 

"Yup." She answers softly while crossing her arms and glances back at them, noticing the smaller details he does like his hand on her hip and the way the side of his eyes crinkles when he smiles to her. "I should know."

"Don't be like that." He worries for her. "They won't happen again! I don't even know why they happen in the first place but him and her aren't going to be a thing. I'll warn him!"

"What are you saying?"

She raises her eyebrow to him then chuckles bitterly.

"Don't do that. Especially to our boss." She reminds not only him, but also her.

"Well, Kendall's not very admirable, you know?" He starts as he steps closer and stands beside her. He crosses his arms just like her and nodding his head to their direction, the one she has been dreading the whole Met Gala. "She's kind to the people she only wants to be around. And I bet Harry only liked her for her looks." 

She turns to him and speaks. "I'm gonna go look around." She uncrosses her arms and gives him the saddest smile he has seen on her then walks away.

Honestly, she doesn't know where her feet is taking her. She's an outcast around this crowd although she has met a few celebrities. She had a few exchange of words with Darren Criss, Nicki Minaj and Madelaine Petsch and of course she had to sneak a picture with Gemma Chan, Zendaya and Lily Collins.

She looks up from her view which is her red patent leather thigh high boots (with the words 'for wearing') covered feet and saw that she has reached the exhibit. A certain outfit caught her eyes and made her stopped from her tracks. The dress would be simple and wouldn't be camp-themed if it weren't for the colorful feathers around it.

Feathers. Why does she have to wear feathers? She looked like an orange oompa loompa who's trying hard to be a peacock.

"A lot of feathers..." A voice pops out from her side. She turns to her left and didn't believe who he was until his gold highlighted hair and his Saint Laurent suit proved her right that he was really him.

"Indeed." She comments. "Guess that's what it takes to be campy." 

He turns his whole body facing her now. "What does camp mean to you?"

"Are you being a 'Liza Koshy' on me?" She asks humorously as she turns to fully face him as well.

How am I keeping it cool whenever I meet celebrities? Do I have a gift? The questions she's asking herself right now.

"I was just really hoping to hear your opinion." He shrugs. "Camp is really hard to define."

"Well, in my humble opinion..." She pauses as she turns her body, focusing on the outfit that is being worn by the faceless mannequin. "It's exaggerating yourself at its finest." She glances to him to see his reaction which is widening his eyes, making her giggle.

"The irony of your well spoken words really works." He compliments, making her turn to him again. 

"But you know, subtlety can work too since you pull off your outfit quite well." She smiles politely that made her earn a smile from him. 

He extends his hand from the pocket it has been hiding. She pulls the sleeve of her red oversize graphic tee sweatshirt that has the phrase on the side, 'as thicc as blood' and accepts his hand. "I'm..."

"Of course, I know who you are." She says. "Delighted to meet you."

"Thanks..."

He raises his eyebrow, noticing that she haven't mention her name.

"The lady in red." He marvels that made her blush. She smiles shyly as she tug a few strands of her hair behind her ear. 

"Sorry but I should be back."

"You're with someone?" He asks, still holding her hand when she was trying to pull it away from him.

"Yes, actually. A friend is generous enough to educate me with art and fashion. They're probably looking for me right now though..." She hints and glances on their hands.

He notices her glance and embarrassingly releases her hand. She waves finally to him and walks away from him while Shawn Mendes calls to his staff if they know a certain lady in red.

Styles comes up to Lambert with a greeting smile but all he received from him was a straight face. "Hey, 'Arry. Did I do anythin'?" He asks worriedly.

"Harry, I love you but I so want to kill you right now." He sighs out of frustration. "Dress him up." He orders the others which they obliged instantly.

They strip Styles off from his Gucci sheer top and replaces it with a corset-like clothing, white shirt and crazy big red bow. Styles glances to Harris as if asking what's wrong with him but Reed only shrugs. When his earring has finally replaced from the pearl to the black cross, he approaches Lambert.

"What did I do wrong?" He asks again, whispering to him.

"Kendall Jenner again?!"

He sighs. "We were just talkin'."

"Sure. But do you remember the person I absolutely love, fashionably speaking?!" He spits. Styles furrows his eyebrows but then remembers that she was here.

"Vee! Where s'she!?" He looks around the place anxiously.

"Now you're looking for her." He mumbles, almost in disgust.

"Did she saw---" 

"F*cking yes, Harold!" Lambert cuts him off. He calms him by rubbing his shoulders while Lambert fans himself with his hands. "You're just the dumbest idiot right now, Harry..."

"Why? What happened to Vee?"

"I saw the saddest smile that I would never ever thought would be put in her lips since she's so cheerful all the time but I still saw it all because she saw you and Kendall..." He pauses and raises his hands in front of him, forming a pair of air quotes. "...talking."

Styles' shoulders plopped down as well as the ends of his lips as he imagine Vee smiling with only her lips but not with her eyes. "Fuck. Bloody hell!" 

"Get the fuck out in front of me and try to find her, stupid." Lambert demands him and he didn't needed to be told twice as he sprinted swiftly.