002

Song of the Chapter: Maybe the Night - Ben&Ben

Present day...

SPEECHLESS. As far as everyone who knows Vee, she's a word genius. But at this moment in her life, she's at loss of words.

No one has asked me about myself, what would I say to him?, she thought.

But just because she has nothing to say, doesn't mean she has nothing to do or shoe... She looked outside of the café's window, noticing the dark sky slightly being lighted up. That's where she had an idea kept in mind.

She pulled her wallet from her bag and brought out an enough payment for the food, placing it on the table. She put her wallet in back then stood up, making him confused. 

"You're leavin'?! Did I say somethin' wrong?! I didn't mean to--" 

She speaks to stop his rambling. "Let's go." She says calmly. 

"Where are we goin'?" He asks, still not having a clue on what's happening in her mind nor right now.

"I'm not really the type of person who describes themselves with words." She shrugs. "Bit weird, am I?" 

He shook his head with an amused but still surprised smile then stood up. As far as he doesn't know anything that's going on, he's fascinated to this fine lady. They walked out of the café and Harry's feet has decided to just follow her.

"Ya know, it wouldn't hurt if ya tell me what s'in your mind right now." He hints, making both of them chuckled. 

"I know." She simply responds. His grin widen, captivated by her mysterious side.

The walk has been silent since. A comfortable silence, surprising both of them that they are already comfortable to each other. Walking beside each other, Harry took the chance to study her facial features. Raven hair just stops on her shoulder blades, light skin, thin eyebrows, long natural eyelashes, dark-colored misty irises, perfectly imperfect sculpted nose, pudgy but cute cheeks, and her lipstick-stained lips.

She wasn't the girl you'll imagine when reading romantic books but she can be considered beautiful and an eye-magnet to men. Unintentionally, he checked her out. Thin but not skinny, slim waist, petite body, height that just reaches his chest, nice arse, flat chested but will do. He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. He shouldn't think such thoughts let alone scan her body. He snapped back to reality when they reached their destination.

They found themselves at the back of the café which is a garden-like park. Perfect, she grinned to herself. She undresses her cardigan and laid it on the green grass. She looks back at her companion who is still curiously confused to the woman. She chuckles while lying slowly on the cardigan. Furrowing his eyebrows more, he looks at her with bewildered eyes.

She isn't proposing the idea I'm thinking right now, is she?, he asked himself. 

She shifts to her right and then pats her unoccupied space on the left, indicating for him to lie beside her. He smirks and obliges. Since he met her, he hadn't left his eyes off of her. He's busy staring at her face when she decided to speak. 

"This is me." She stretches her arms while staring at the stelliferous beauty above, presenting the dark sky as the representation of herself. He follows her gaze, seeing the diamond-like stars scattered on a black with a mix of mazarine blanket being the dark sky. The moon shines enough amount of the borrowed light from the sun needed at night. 

"So, how d'you get your interest in stargazin'?" He asks, looking back at his companion. 

She just shrugs. "Ever since I looked up to find the meaning of my name, I've always seen my place in the same position. Lying while staring at them."

"Very captivatin' name, I must say." He complimented, British accent never ceases to seek absence through his voice. 

"Thank you, wouldn't change it at all." She replies with her silvery voice while turning to look at him. "You can ask me questions, sir. Just want to talk while stargazing for my own solace from anxiety building up in me, really."  

He lightly chuckled. "Callin' me 'sir' musn't be required."

"Well, you are now my boss." She slightly giggles, making him enjoy the pleasant sound. 

"I'd appreciate the word acquaintance fo' now." He smirks. "But I am admittedly curious on how a sixteen-year-old student all the way from the Philippines somehow became one of me songwriters..."

He marvels. She looks at him with bewildered eyes, making him laugh lightly.

"I had a fair share of research s'well." He shrugs, making her turn to laugh lightly. 

"That's quite applauding, actually." She smiles, making him grin. "To answer your question: Besides stargazing, books became my comfort. If I couldn't find a perfect book to read in my shelf, why can't I write it?" She answers, her innocent doe eyes staring directly into his smaragdine ones. 

"Books? Like novels and such?"

"Mostly, yes. Poems? Frequently. Essays & articles, usually at school but songs, never. Explaining why I was about back out." She admits. 

"Don't worry, love. M'here to guide ya." He smiles endearingly. "S'just like writin' poems but addin' tunes in it." 

"I'm really looking forward to it, then." Vee mutters. 

"S'well as I, Vee." Harry agrees, noticing her eyes adds an emotion he can't decipher. She's thinking the same while staring into his.

They stare into each other's eyes for God knows how long. They were both searching something into them that they both do not know. He breaks the long staring by looking down to her lips. It is plump and heart-shaped. It was not like any other's lips which is far more beautiful than hers but he can't help but to be absorbed by hers. It's like it's inviting him to kiss it. He looks back into her eyes without noticing that he's leaning closer to her.

Vee freezes, not moving an inch at all while Harry keeps on leaning closer. Until their lips touch already. Only a smack but both closes their eyes, feeling some kind of spark. Vee was about to open her mouth when she thought of something, making her back away and stand up immediately. 

"S-sorry. I-I have to go." Was the last words she left for him together with confusion.

a/n:

Just to remind everyone that I did promise a Hariana fan fiction but I kinda turned into a Zariana shipper instead. My apologies but please, read and comment!