Chapter 9

Y/N sat in front of Jaehyun in the booth at the restaurant. She had a fake pout on her face from him making fun of her. "Okay. It's so hilarious," she deadpanned.

Jaehyun grinned, pointing to her plate of steak tacos. "How's the enchiladas?" he asked. He knew it. he knew as soon as they walked in that she would order the same thing she did every single time. Y/N was definitely a creature of habit.

Y/N rolled her eyes and took a sip of her frozen Piña colada. "Yeah yeah yeah," she said. She was glad they had made this time together. She was thoroughly enjoying herself. They had chatted throughout dinner, keeping the topics away from hybrids.

As Y/N was picking up her taco for a bite, she heard her name being called across the restaurant. She turned to look and saw Namjoon making his way across the restaurant with his fox hybrid, Hobi. Hobi had a happy smile on his face as he followed Namjoon.

Y/N stood as they reached the table. "Hey Joonie," she said, giving him a hug before turning to the fox. She gave Hobi a hug as well, rubbing his ears for a second, causing him to close his pretty eyes. "Hello my sunshine. How are you?"

Hobi lifted his head as Y/N moved her hand away from his ears. "Hungry!" he exclaimed, making Y/N laugh at the happy hybrid.

"Thanks for recommending this place, Y/N," Namjoon said. "It's still hard to find places that are hybrid friendly."

Y/N nodded, a sad smile on her face. "I know and it sucks," she said. "The food here is so good. I'm so happy it's hybrid friendly or I would have a hard time coming here."

Jaehyun watched the interaction, an irritated glare on his face. He just couldn't get away from hybrids. It did frustrate him how many places Y/N refused to go to since they weren't hybrid friendly. She really was a bleeding heart for those creatures.

Y/N turned to Jaehyun, who immediately plastered a fake smile on his face. "Jae, you remember Joonie and Hobi, right?" She had introduced them at the clinic when Namjoon had brought Hobi in for a checkup. Jaehyun was there with Y/N, who was delivering lattes to Jin and Taehyung.

Namjoon held out a hand and Jaehyun took it, shaking it. "Good to see you again," Namjoon said politely. He turned to Hobi. "Say hello Hobi," Namjoon said gently.

Hobi gave him a small wave, but directed his eyes to the ground. He hated the way the man smelled, like bitter spinach and something else Hobi couldn't identify. Hobi's nose was sensitive to smells and he tried to avoid the man. He didn't smell like lavender and vanilla like Dr. Jin or cedar and fresh soap like his Joonie. Hobi had also been there when Jaehyun had made a derogatory comment to Jungkook. The guy clearly didn't like the hybrids and made no secret of it as long as Y/N wasn't around. Hobi tugged on Namjoon's hand. "I'm hungry," he said quietly, wanting to get away from Jaehyun.

Namjoon turned and squeezed his hand before turning his attention back to Y/N. "Let me get this hungry boy fed. We need to get together soon," he said.

Y/N nodded in happy agreement, giving Hobi one more scratch on his furry orange ears. Hobi leaned into the touch, caught between wanting to stay by her side and escaping from the evil glare Jaehyun was sending his way. "Next time I see you, I owe you more ear scratches," Y/N said, pecking Hobi's cheek.

Hobi gave her a bright smile then pulled on Namjoon's hand again. Namjoon smiled down at him, nodding his head. They said their goodbyes, Y/N promising to call, and made their way to their table on the other side of the restaurant.

Y/N sat back down a happy smile on her face. She noticed Jaehyun's dark look, but chose to ignore it. She picked up her abandoned food and took a bite, enjoying the blend of seasoned steak, crisp lettuce, diced onion and creamy cheese.