Chapter 11

Over the next three days, Yoongi became more comfortable around the others in the clinic. He would let Jin examine him without complaint when he returned from his trip on Wednesday and even let Mark check his stitches and rebandage his wound. However, there was no denying that he felt the most comfortable with Y/N. She would come each afternoon after her classes were over and spend time with him. Yoongi was still hesitant about interacting with the other hybrids although he sat and ate dinner with Jungkook each evening. He still didn't join them in their gaming sessions but it was progress all the same.

Y/N saw the changes in Yoongi and couldn't have been happier. He seemed to open up a little more to her. He no longer flinched when she came near him. She longed to reach up and stroke his silky looking ears on more than one occasion but didn't want to overstep any boundaries when he wasn't ready. She didn't miss the look of longing that would pass over his features when she gave the other hybrids affection.

On the Thursday after Yoongi arrived in the clinic, Jin was checking the stitches on his wound. He noticed by the look on Yoongi's face that he wanted to say something, but Jin refused to ask. He didn't want the already reluctant hybrid to pull away after the progress they had made.

Yoongi was lost in thought over some things Jungkook had told him. He was curious about Y/N's boyfriend and wondered if other humans dislike the man too. The only one he felt comfortable enough around besides Y/N was the sweet smelling doctor who was currently sitting on a chair in front of him.

"Dr. Jin," Yoongi began. "Can I ask you something?"

Jin looked up in surprise. This was the first time the hybrid had spoke first. "Sure. What's on your mind?" he asked.

"Can... can you tell me about Y/N's boyfriend?" Yoongi questioned. He noticed the immediate look of anger on the kind doctor's face. Yoongi flinched thinking he had overstepped his boundaries.

Jin laid a calming hand on Yoongi's arm. "It's okay. It's not you. I can't stand that guy and neither can most of the people here. He really dislikes hybrids even though he pretends not to," he said. Even the mention of Jaehyun was enough to piss of Jin. Jungkook had confided in him about Jaehyun calling him a half-breed and he had even overheard the man call his precious Taehyung a mutt.

"If the guy dislikes hybrids so much then why is Y/N with him? I thought... she said she liked us," Yoongi said, his eyes sad. He was hurting more than he wanted to admit. He believed in his heart that once again a human had been dishonest with him.

"Trust me. Y/N adores hybrids. She would have adopted all of them if she had the chance. It's just her and Jaehyun have been together a long time. They're high school sweethearts. It's hard to let that long of a relationship go," Jin explained. "Even if it's something big like this."

Yoongi looked down, stroking his tail. The unconscious act caught Jin's attention and his heart broke a little for the sad and lonely cat. "If Y/N has said she likes spending time with you then she means it. Have you not seen her with Kookie? That bunny adores her almost as much as she adores him," Jin said, a soft smile on his face. "Even my Tae loves her."

"Tae?" Yoongi asked, his voice filled with curiosity. He didn't miss the way Jin had said my Tae, almost as if Tae was special to him.

Jin nodded, finishing up with Yoongi's leg and standing up. "Yes. Taehyung is my boyfriend. He is a Siberian husky hybrid," Jin explained. "I actually introduced him to my parents for the first time this week." Jin didn't miss the look of confusion on Yoongi's face.

Yoongi was shocked at the hybrid-human relationships he had been hearing about. This was the second one now. "How did that go?" Yoongi questioned as he pulled his soft cotton pants back on.

Jin smiled. "My parents loved Tae, but I knew they would. Everyone who meets him does, including Y/N. Especially Y/N," Jin said, the happiness evident in his voice. Jin had been surprised with the way Taehyung had immediately taken to Y/N. He was extremely shy when Jin had first adopted him because of the situation he had previously. All it took was a couple of ear scratches for Taehyung to fall for the sweet dark haired girl.

Yoongi was about to ask another question when the familiar smell of chocolate and peppermint filled his nose. That could only mean one thing...

"Hey," Y/N said as she popped her head around the corner of the open door. "How's my favorite kitty doing?"

Yoongi's heart fluttered at her words. She called him her kitty. Her favorite kitty. He felt his cheeks heat up as he turned to her. "Hi," he said, his voice soft.

"Wow," Jin said, his voice dry. "Can't even greet me? I thought I was your favorite person?" Jin pouted as he looked at her. "You haven't seen me since Sunday since someone wasn't here yesterday when I got back."

Y/N rolled her eyes at his words but hugged him anyway. "Hi Jinnie. How was the trip?" she asked. "Did your mom and dad love Tae as much as I do?"

Jin nodded. "They sure do. Mom couldn't wait to give him ear scratches," he said, smiling at the happy memory of the successful meeting.

"That's great," Y/N said, a happy smile on her face then turned back to Yoongi. "How are you doing today?"

Yoongi gave her a small smile. "I'm fine. Dr. Jin was just checking my stitches," he replied, looking down at the tail that was draped across his legs once again.

"Is everything okay?" Y/N asked, her voice worried. She had worried about the possibility of infection or anything that might bring the skeptical cat more pain.

"He's fine Y/N," Jin assured her. "It's just standard procedure." He didn't miss the concern in her voice asking about Yoongi.

Y/N's face relaxed and she approached Yoongi. "Do you think you will feel up to joining Kookie and me tomorrow for game night? He's leaving on Saturday and convinced me to spend tomorrow evening with him."

"You know as well as I do that it didn't take that much convincing. You would adopt Jungkook if you could," Jin said with a laugh. "You'll take any excuse to spend time with that overgrown bunny."

Y/N held up her hands up. "Guilty. I'll admit it. I just adore him. He knows that and uses it to his advantage all the time," she said, her voice holding a hint of amusement. "Too bad Jimin got to him first."

Jin had a thought and was hesitant to voice it, but did anyway. "Still thinking of adopting a hybrid when you start your winter break?" he asked. Although his attention was on Y/N, his eyes darted to Yoongi at the question. He didn't miss the way the cat's ears perked up, waiting to hear the answer to Y/N's question.

"Yeah I am thinking of it," Y/N replied. "I just need to find one that would be okay with me adopting them." She had been thinking about it the last few days and really wanted to adopt one.

Jin kept his attention on Y/N, but glanced over at Yoongi. "What about Kai? He loves you so much, he would love to go home with you," Jin said. He wanted to laugh out loud when he saw the way Yoongi's eyes darkened at his words. "He's so mellow and laid back that your condo would be perfect for the two of you."

Y/N had been thinking about adopting Kai, but she knew Mark had expressed interest in bringing home the calm wolf. "He's definitely an option. I might have to talk to him and get his feelings on the subject," she replied.

Yoongi was listening to the conversation, his heart sinking at her words. When Jin had mentioned adoption, his hopes rose that Y/N might be interested in adopting him. Why would she want to adopt me? I'm a rude, dumb cat he thought to himself.

Jin spoke to her a few minutes more then excused himself to go check on another patient. Y/N turned her attention back to Yoongi and noticed his dejected expression. "You okay kitty?" she asked, approaching him and kneeling in front of him, taking a hand.

"So you're going to adopt that Kai guy?" Yoongi asked. He tried to keep the sadness out of voice but failed miserably.

Y/N shook her head. "No. I adore Kai, but between you and me, someone else is interested in adopting him," she whispered conspiratorially. "Even though Kai would be a great fit, he would do better with this person instead."

Yoongi gave her a small smile at her words, his mood lightening considerably. Maybe there was hope for him after all.