Chapter 46

After spending the rest of the morning snuggling on the sofa, Yoongi and Y/N fixed lunch together, tuna sandwiches at the request of Yoongi, which Y/N was only too happy to cater to. They sat at the island together, finally a comfortable silence between them.

Although he didn't want to disappoint her if it didn't happen, Yoongi finally decided to tell Y/N about JungMin possibly wanting to produce one of his songs. If it didn't happen then he at least knew she would be there to comfort him and encourage him in the same way she had before. "Um... I wanted to tell you something, but I'm worried that you'll be disappointed in me."

Y/N could see the nervousness in the anxious cat and reached out to put her hand on top of his where it rested on the table, smiling when Yoongi turned his hand over and laced his fingers with hers. "What is it my kitty?"

"Jungkook's person... he gave one of my songs to a producer. He might be interested in producing it for me." Yoongi's voice gets softer and softer as he continues. He looks down at his plate then back up at Y/N's face. The delighted smile on her face does something to his already pounding heart.

"Oh my sweet kitty! I'm so happy for you. You deserve this opportunity so much!" Y/N squeezes his hand but then remembers what else he said. "But why would I be disappointed in you?"

Yoongi shrugged. "What... what if he doesn't like it?" More nervous than he wanted to admit, Yoongi looked back down at his plate.

"If he doesn't like it then it's his loss. I'm sure there will be another producer who will like it. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it." Y/N reassured him. She was so proud of him for having the courage to put his music on the line like that. She knew how much it meant to him and a rejection could be devastating to his self-confidence in his music, in his abilities.

"You... you would help me find another producer if this one says no?" Yoongi was once again surprised at Y/N's willingness to help him even though he knew by now that he shouldn't be. This sweet girl was always willing to put everything aside for him.

Y/N grinned. "Of course I would. I would do anything for you. You only have to ask."

At her words, Yoongi blushed. I want you to love me. I want you to kiss me. I want to make you mine in every way possible. Those were the things he wanted to say, but he kept them locked up inside his anxious heart, scared of being rejected by the woman he adored, the woman he loved.

They finished lunch in a companionable silence then cleaned up the kitchen, the familiarity they worked so hard to build covering them like a warm blanket fresh from the dryer. Yoongi headed to his room to continue working on his music and Y/N did some chores around the house that she had been putting off, including folding a load of clothes and running the vacuum. A little after 3, she received a call from Namjoon, wondering if her and Yoongi wanted to get dinner with him and Hoseok.

Since Yoongi had yet to meet Namjoon and his fox, Y/N told Namjoon she'd call him back and headed to Yoongi's room. Knocking on the door lightly, Y/N waited for the busy cat to turn around.

"Hi." Yoongi was surprised but happy to see Y/N at his door. Usually during the afternoons, she would leave him to his music, saying she wanted to keep busy and not bother him.

"Um... my friend Namjoon would like us to go to dinner with him and his boyfriend Hoseok. Would... would you be interested?" Y/N twisted her fingers together as she waited for Yoongi to answer. She really wanted Yoongi to get along with her friends and hoped he would agree to it.

Yoongi hesitated then nodded his head. He knew Y/N wouldn't put him in a situation that would make him uncomfortable so he made the decision to trust her. "Okay."