Chapter 25

A/N: This book was marked mature for a reason. If you are uncomfortable with the following topics, please skip this chapter. It won't affect the story line, but it does give the background for Jaehyun and Y/N's relationship. Please proceed with caution when reading the following chapter.

**TRIGGER WARNING – physical assault, attempted sexual assault, extremely vulgar language

Flashback:

16 years old:

"I don't want to go," Y/N said, turning from her position on her friend Irene's bed and shaking her head. "I'm not really the partying type." It wasn't a lie. She hated parties even if the cutest guy in their school, MinJun, was hosting this one. She knew they drank at the parties and it just didn't interest her.

"Come on girl. It's just one party," Irene begged. "It's going to be great. It's MinJun's party and I heard he likes you." Irene felt a little bad since the statement was partially true. MinJun, a hot senior, did like her friend, but only because he had a history of taking a girl's virginity. He wanted Y/N to be his next conquest.

Y/N wavered at the words. It was no secret that Y/N had a crush on the handsome older guy. "I don't have anything that would even be appropriate for a party," she argued, trying another tactic. By the grin on Irene's face, she knew it was the wrong one.

Irene grabbed her hand, knowing she had drawn her friend in. "I've got the perfect thing," she said, pulling her over to the closet. Y/N was a little shorter than her but had long legs that the guys in their school liked to ogle over. She pulled a pair of black shorts out of the closet, along with a bright pink silk shirt that was open in the back.

Y/N widened her eyes at the outfit. "I can't wear that Irene!" she gasped, shoving the clothes away from her. The shorts were way too short and the pink shirt would show much more skin than she was comfortable with.

Irene rolled her eyes, irritated with her friend's innocence. "Fine. Wear this black lace shirt under it, but the shorts are fine," she argued, pulling something from the drawer. "Just do it for me." She knew Y/N would give in when she used that voice on her.

"I... fine," Y/N relented, holding out a hand for the clothes. Irene squealed and gave her the clothes then shoved her into the bathroom.

***

"Ha! I knew you would have a good time," Irene said, three hours later as they drank another shot. "You just had to loosen up a bit." Finally, her prissy friend was letting loose. It was about damn time.

Y/N shrugged, not trusting her words. She was feeling a little light headed but had to admit she was having a good time. MinJun had come up to talk to her when she arrived, bringing her a drink, something sweet and fruity in a red plastic cup. He had asked her to dance and spent most of the evening by her side.

Irene hugged her friend, almost spilling the drink she had poured herself. "See? We should do this more often," she exclaimed, her words slurred and louder than usual. She had been surprised that MinJun had paid such close attention to Y/N. Maybe the rumors going around weren't true, but she wasn't going to worry about that tonight.

MinJun came back to Y/N's side, handing her another drink. She hesitated but then reached out and took it. "Thanks," she said, not taking a sip but holding the cup in an unsteady hand. She passed the cup to Irene. "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

Y/N wandered down a short hall towards the bathroom she had seen earlier. She stepped into the blue and white room and closed the door, locking it behind her. After taking care of her needs, she stepped to the sink to wash her hands and check herself in the mirror. Irene had taken time with her makeup, piling it on until she hardly recognized herself. Y/N swiped a finger under one eye, removing her smudged mascara before unlocking the door.

Before she could open the door, it was shoved open and a figure stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him. MinJun grabbed Y/N by the waist and pushed her against the door. "Hey babe," he slurred, his voice raspy with need. "Did I tell you that you look stunning tonight?"

Y/N put her arms against MinJun's chest. "Thank you, but please move. Let's... let's go back to the party," she said, the worry evident in her voice. She wasn't sure what he was trying to do, but she definitely wanted no part of it.

MinJun ignored the nervous girl's pleas and grabbed her hair, dragging her lips to his. Forcing his tongue into her mouth, MinJun kissed her, holding her tight against his chest. He moved his lips away from hers and started kissing the side of her neck, grinning when he felt her try and shift away from him. "Uh huh babe. You can't expect to wear those tiny little shorts and me not to want you. You had to know this was coming," he chided, his voice coming out artificially sweet.

Trying to pull away from him, Y/N attempted to halt the tears in her eyes that threatened to fall. "Stop. Please," she begged, wanting no part of whatever he had planned. "Help me!" she cried out when he refused to let her go.

In an attempt to silence her, MinJun brought a hand up, bringing it down swiftly across the girl's cheek, leaving a burning red print on her skin. He wrapped his other hand around her throat, tightening it in warning. "Keep your mouth shut whore," he demanded. "You wanted this. Prancing around here in that outfit like the little slut you are, dancing with me like you were. You brought this upon yourself."

Y/N couldn't hold back the tears and they streamed down her cheeks. When MinJun loosened his grip around her neck, Y/N called out for help again, just to have him return his hand to her throat, even tighter than it was before. "I said quiet. What the hell don't you understand about that?" he asked, his voice lined with anger. He pushed her closer to the wall then harshly grabbed her breast, squeezing it tightly and making her wince in pain. He grinned at her again, the pain on her face only spurring him on. He continued to squeeze her then dropped his hand down to the hem of her shorts. "Don't worry babe. If you don't fight me, I'll make it feel good."

Y/N tried to pull away from the hand slipping up her shorts, but couldn't move. The grip around her neck was causing black spots to appear in her vision and her comprehension of the situation was decreasing. Y/N cried out in pain when MinJun slammed two fingers into her harshly, the sound strained in the quiet room.

Before she could move away, the door slammed open and a tall man strode into the room. He grabbed MinJun by the back of the shirt, wrenching him away from the crying girl. He spun him around and clutched him by the collar of his shirt. "You bastard! What the hell are you doing?" he demanded before punching him in the jaw and dropping him to the ground. He looked to see the pretty dark haired girl curled up on the floor, sobbing her heart out. He knelt down and held a hand out to her.

Y/N flinched at the nearness of the other man, her fear overtaking her common sense that this man had just saved her. "Get away from me," she demanded, her voice rough from the lack of oxygen.

The man just extended the hand again. "It's okay sweetheart," he reassured, his voice gentle. "I won't hurt you. I promise." He gave her a soft smile when she hesitantly took his hand and he helped her to her feet. "What's your name?"

Y/N hesitated, not wanting to trust anyone or anything right now, but the soft look in the handsome man's dark eyes made her walls start to crumble. "Y/N. My name is Y/N," she replied reluctantly.

The man gave her an encouraging smile, wanting to know more about this beautiful sad girl. "Well Y/N. It's nice to meet you. I'm Jaehyun, but please call me Jae."

A/N: Hopefully you understand a little bit more why Y/N is so loyal to Jae. Yes, he's an ass, but she can't forget what he did for her. But no worries! Remember it is a Yoongi story!