Chapter 56

After a nice weekend of spending time with Y/N, Yoongi found himself standing in front of the door to his studio with Oliver Lee. Oliver had picked him up this morning, explaining to Yoongi that he was going to give him today to get accustomed to the building and mess around with his equipment.

"Don't worry about breaking anything or messing anything up. It's very user friendly." Oliver put a hand on the anxious cat's shoulder, trying to lend some semblance of courage. He knew what it felt like to be in his position. To know what it was like to worry about everything and be afraid of being punished.

Yoongi gave Oliver a grateful smile, knowing the Lynx knew what he was going through. It made him feel better about the whole situation. He pulled out the card Oliver gave him and punched in the code. The light turned green and the door beeped, signaling that Yoongi was free to enter. He opened the door and stepped into his studio, the same feeling of comfort washing over him as last time. Even though Oliver was with him, this studio felt like his safe space and he hoped it would stay that way.

Taking off his jacket, Yoongi set down the bag Y/N had bought him. It was congratulation on the studio present. They had gone Saturday to pick it out. He opened it up and pulled out the sheets of staff paper, setting them on the desk.

Oliver gestured towards the papers, curious to know what the quiet cat was working on. "May I?" Yoongi hesitated then nodded, chewing his fingernail as Oliver picked up the paper. Oliver scanned the music, hearing the melody in his head as he studied the lyrics. He looked up and gave Yoongi a grin as he handed the papers back. "You're going to have another hit on your hands with this one. This is exceptionally good."

Yoongi couldn't stop the pleased smiled or the embarrassed flush that crossed his face. "Um... thank you. I appreciate it."

Nodding his head, Oliver turned towards the door. "Joy should be here soon. Don't be afraid to tell her to leave, tell her that you don't want her hanging out in here with you." Oliver gestured to a switch on the wall. "If you flip this switch, it tells whoever is outside your door that you don't want to be disturbed. It will turn on a red light outside your door. Use that whenever you want to. Even if you're not busy in here. Even if you just need peace and quiet. I trust you to do whatever is necessary."

"Th-thank you. I appreciate that. I just... I just prefer to work alone and with it being quiet." Yoongi immediately felt relieved at Oliver's words. He didn't really know his assistant, but when he met her Friday, there was something about her that made him uncomfortable.

Oliver gave him a reassuring smile. "I completely understand. If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to give me a call or even send me a text. Enjoy your day and, if you would like, come up to my office around noon and I can show you the best things to eat in the cafeteria."

Yoongi nodded in agreement and Oliver left the studio, closing the door behind him. Yoongi wondered around the studio for a moment, studying the different equipment. He had gone over the cheat sheets that Oliver had given him over the weekend and felt fairly comfortable with the equipment. He looked at the music in his hands, feeling a sense of pride wash over him as he remembered Oliver's words.

Sitting down at the keyboard, Yoongi placed the sheet music in front of him. He turned the keyboard on then picked up the headphones. He was just about to flip the switch to turn the red light on when a knock came on the door. Yoongi sighed then stood up, setting the headphones down. He opened the door to see Joy on the other side. Today she had on a short black skirt and a low cut black blouse.

"Good morning Yoongi. How are you doing today?" Joy's voice was sweet as she stepped through the door into the studio.

Yoongi wrinkled his nose as she walked past him. There was a scent coming from her that was familiar to Yoongi, almost like bitter spinach, but he couldn't remember where it was from. "Is there something you needed?" He tried to keep his voice polite, but didn't like the way she barged right in.