Chapter 36

The next morning, Y/N woke up to a sleeping kitty snuggled up close to her, his face buried in her neck and his silky tail wrapped around her waist, keeping her close to his body. Soft little snores escaped him, sending a puff of air through her hair at each exhale.

Y/N lay there for a moment, not wanting to disturb the snoozing cat. She could hear voices in the bedroom across the hall and knew that Jungkook and Taehyung must be awake by now. She gently pulled back, trying to extract herself from Yoongi's boa constrictor embrace. He whined in his sleep, pulling her close to his body again.

Giggling, Y/N tried again but Yoongi tugged her even closer, his silky tail wrapping even tighter. Y/N smiled and lifted a hand, running it through Yoongi's soft hair then stroked the base of a fuzzy ear. Yoongi's whines stopped and a gentle rumbling sound filled the room, making Y/N smile even brighter.

Through the haze of sleep, Yoongi could feel the warmth of a body pressed against his and the feel of gentle hands in his hair. He struggled to open his eyes and when he did, he noticed that he was wrapped around Y/N like a koala, his tail holding her close to his body. Yoongi never touched anyone with his tail and he hated it being touched, but Y/N was managing to break down each of his defenses one by one. Break down the walls he had built around himself.

When the coffee colored gaze met her own, Y/N leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his nose, laughing when Yoongi's face broke into a delighted grin. "Good morning my kitty," she said, her voice gentle.

"Good morning," Yoongi replied, his voice bashful because of the kiss and their potentially compromising position. He didn't want to let her go just yet, but he could hear Taehyung and Jungkook awake in the room across the hall and talking about being hungry. He reluctantly unwound his tail from Y/N's waist and released his grip from around her.

"Are you hungry?" Y/N asked, a smile on her face. It was perfectly clear that her kitty was not ready to get up, but knew that he had to. Yoongi nodded, his stomach growling in agreement, it causing Y/N to laugh out loud at the noise. "How about we go out for dinner tonight? When we come back, we can get back in this bed and snuggle. Snuggle for the rest of the day even?"

Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise. "You wouldn't mind me sleeping in here again?" he asked, his voice incredulous. He knew she let him last night since Jungkook and Taehyung had stayed over but he didn't know if she would allow it again.

Y/N shook her head. "Of course not," she reassured him. "You're so nice and snuggly warm." She ran a hand through his hair and smiled when he automatically snuggled closer, leaning into her gentle touches. "But I do need to get up. I'm sure Kookie and Tae are already awake and ready for breakfast."

Yoongi nodded. "Can... can we have pancakes?" he asked. Although he was getting better about asking for things and making his wishes known, sometimes he still hesitated, not wanting Y/N to think he was trying to control her.

"Sure kitty. Sounds good to me and the boys love pancakes," Y/N replied, pulling herself from Yoongi's arms and smiling when his face turned down in a pout. She stood up and grabbed clean clothes from the dresser, hurrying into the bathroom to change. She quickly brushed her teeth then stepped out of the bathroom. Yoongi was still snuggled into the pillow, but looked up with a embarrassed look when Y/N approached him.

Yoongi started to sit up, worried since he was still in her bed. "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I was just really comfortable and the bed is nice and warm and it smells good." His words came rushing out, his heart racing in nervousness. Even though Y/N had made him feel comfortable over the last week, some old habits were hard to break.

Y/N ran a hand through his hair, soothing him in an instant with her gentle touch. "You are perfectly fine my kitty," she said, her voice soft. "I'll go make breakfast and you come in when you're ready."

Hesitating but finally nodding, Yoongi cuddled back under the blanket, Y/N's heart melting at his cuteness. She could just see the top of his cat stuffie peeking out from the blanket and her heart melted even further. Rubbing his ear one final time, Y/N made her way into the kitchen.

Reaching up into the cabinet, Y/N pulled out the stuff for pancakes, grabbing milk and sausage from the fridge. She mixed up the batter and had just started pouring the neat circles when she heard the pattering of feet behind her. An overgrown pup wrapped himself around her like a koala, making happy noises against her hair.

"Sleep well pup?" Y/N asked, turning to give Taehyung a quick scratch before directing her attention back to the food.

Taehyung nodded, wrapping his arms back around her and snuggling close. "Yeah, but next time, I get to sleep with you. Yoongi can sleep with Kookie," he declared.

Y/N grinned at his words. "You think Yoongi will agree to that?" she asked, flipping the pancakes on the griddle. She could feel Taehyung shrug against her shoulder.

"Don't know," he replied. "But it's only fair." Taehyung knew that Yoongi would be able to hear their conversation with his hypersensitive ears and he made certain he was a little louder than necessary just to make sure. Taehyung had discussed it with Jungkook last night and they agreed that they wanted to get Yoongi together with Y/N. Her boyfriend was the worst person and not deserving of their sweet friend.

Y/N continued to make and flip pancakes while Taehyung continued to hang over her shoulder, making it almost impossible for her to move. She dropped the sausages in the pan, the familiar sizzle filling the air. Soon Jungkook made his way out of the bedroom, the scent drawing him into the kitchen.

Shoving Taehyung aside, Jungkook moved in for his snuggles with the sweet smelling girl. Much like Taehyung had done, Jungkook wrapped his larger frame around Y/N's small one, nuzzling his nose into her neck.

"Morning my bunny," Y/N said, reaching up to rub a soft ear. "Hungry?"

Jungkook's stomach grumbled and the trio laughed at the sound. "Uhhh...maybe a little," he said, his face pink.

"Can one of you go wake up Yoongi?" Y/N requested. "I'm almost done here." She loaded the last of the pancakes onto the large plate on the counter then flipped the sausages.

Taehyung eyed Jungkook who showed no sign of releasing Y/N anytime soon then headed out of the kitchen to wake up the snoozing cat. Taehyung stepped inside Y/N's bedroom and saw a head of dark grey hair and two furry ears poking up from underneath Y/N's plush comforter. Taehyung poked his cheek, making the cat whine in disapproval. "Come on Yoongi," Taehyung said. "Breakfast is ready."

Yoongi peeled one eye open and leveled a glare at Taehyung. He sighed then sat up, the comforter falling down around his waist. "Morning," he said, his voice rough with sleep.

Taehyung gave him a brilliant smile. "Let's go," he nudged. "Your girl made us breakfast." Taehyung watched Yoongi's eyes light up at his words before he carefully schooled his features, masking the flash of longing that appeared in his eyes.

Yoongi nodded. "I'm coming," he replied, trying not to show any emotion to Taehyung calling Y/N his girl. The idea of it did strange things to his heart and he knew he didn't want to only be her pet.