Chapter 34

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE!  Please read Chapter 33 first.

That evening Y/N answered the door to an excitable dog who immediately dived into her embrace, nuzzling his nose into her neck. Taehyung smiled when she hugged him back, but his sensitive ears didn't miss the instinctive growl that came from the quiet cat who was hovering behind her.

"Hello sweet pup," Y/N greeted Taehyung with a grin. "How are you? Ready for a sleepover with Kookie and Yoongi?"

Taehyung nodded excitedly. "It's been so long since Kookie and me have been able to sleepover," he exclaimed, his mouth turning down in a pout.

Jin put a hand on Taehyung's head, rubbing the pup's silky ears. "You know Y/N's been busy Tae," he reminded him gently. "But you boys get her all to yourselves tonight." Jin looked past Y/N and noticed Yoongi standing behind her, clinging tightly to her hand. Although he could see the apprehension in the cat's eyes, he could also see the way Yoongi's eyes softened and the small smile on his face when he directed his gaze to Y/N.

Taehyung noticed the same thing and greeted Yoongi with a smile. "Hey Yoongi," he said, his voice happy. "How's it going living here?" He knew right away that the nervous cat loved it. He could see it in the relaxed set of his shoulders and the little smile that kept playing across his face.

"I like it," Yoongi replied, still clinging tightly to Y/N's hand, but his voice is confident and steady. "Y/N... she takes good care of me." Yoongi knew the words he said were accurate. The sweet human girl did take such good care of him, better than he had ever had in his life.

Y/N turned to Yoongi, rubbing a fuzzy ear, noticing the surprised look on Jin and Taehyung's face when Yoongi leaned into the touch, a purr rumbling from his chest. "We take care of each other my sweet kitty," she replied.

Taehyung dropped his overnight bag on the floor then collapsed on the sofa, making himself comfortable. "Where are we sleeping?" Taehyung asked. "Do I get to sleep with you again?" Taehyung turned his attention towards Yoongi noticing the cat's narrowed eyes. He knew exactly what Yoongi was thinking but he was going to force the decision from the hesitant cat.

"No," Yoongi said, shaking his head and pulling Y/N closer. "You and Jungkook can sleep in my bed." as nice as the other two hybrids were, Yoongi was not going to let them sleep in the bed with Y/N.

Y/N turned to Yoongi. "You sure kitty?" she asked, not wanting Yoongi to have to give up his safe space. She wanted to offer Yoongi to sleep with her again, but didn't want to push the limits with him.

Yoongi nodded. "I'm sure," he insisted. "Can... can I sleep with you?" Yoongi's question surprised everyone in the room. He looked around at the shocked silence, wondering if he said the wrong thing. "I'm... I'm sorry. I... didn't mean..."

Pulling him into a hug, Y/N soothed the anxious cat. "Oh it's fine kitty," she reassured him, rubbing his back. "You just surprised me. Of course you can sleep with me." Y/N gave Taehyung a wink and turned back to Yoongi. "You wouldn't want to sleep with Tae anyways. He always ends up wrapped around me like a koala."

Yoongi felt the quick flash of envy at her words, but shoved it down, trying to remind himself that Y/N had enough love and kindness to share with them all. "Come on Tae," Yoongi said softly. "You can put your stuff in my room."

Taehyung nodded then stood, picking up his bag and following Yoongi down the short hallway. He dropped his bag on the bed then looked around the room. "Ohhh this blanket is much nicer than the flower one that was here last time," he remarked, running his hand over the soft velvet.

Turning away from his dresser where he was grabbing his nightclothes, Yoongi nodded. "Yeah... Y/N bought it for me when I came home," he replied. Yoongi grabbed his cat stuffie and set it on the pile of clothes in his hands.

Noticing the stuffed cat, but saying nothing, Taehyung sat down on the edge of the bed, his voice turning serious. "How is it going? Really?" he questioned, his pretty eyes filled with concern.

Yoongi gave Taehyung a smile, brighter than anything the cat had ever shown him before. "It's... it's going great," Yoongi finally admitted. "Y/N... Y/N is amazing. She takes such good care of me and is so nice to me. She makes me feel safe and protected." Yoongi felt his cheeks turn pink at the way he gushed over the girl, but he couldn't help it.

Taehyung stood and patted his friend on the shoulder, smiling when Yoongi didn't flinch under the contact. "I knew she would be," he replied, his tone soft. "Y/N... she's special. If I wasn't with Jin, I would have wanted her to adopt me."

"I've heard that a lot," Yoongi commented. "I'm just the lucky one." He couldn't help the small smile that crossed his face, knowing he was the one that belonged to her.

At the doorbell, Taehyung's ears perked up. "Come on Yoongi," he said happily. "Kookie's here!" Taehyung dashed out of the room and Yoongi followed at a more sedate pace, stopping in Y/N's room to put his stuff in there. By the time he made it to the living room, Jungkook had Y/N wrapped in a tight hug, rubbing his nose against her neck. Yoongi bristled a little but calmed down, reminding himself that the bunny was in a relationship with the handsome man at his side.

Jungkook noticed Yoongi a ways off and gave him a wave. "Yoongi!" he called out happily before releasing Y/N and hurrying over to Yoongi, taking both of his hands in his. "Isn't this great? A sleepover with Y/N? I'm so excited!"

Yoongi smiled at the bunny's energy and returned his smile. "Hi Kookie," he replied, flexing his fingers when Jungkook released his grip, surprised at how strong the bunny was. Jungkook's human was standing over by the door and gave Yoongi a wave.

"I brought you some more magazines," Jimin replied, holding up a paper bag. He smiled as the cat's eyes lit up in surprised delight. "You seemed to like the last ones and Y/N said she got you a keyboard."

"I... I did like them," Yoongi replied, still unsure how to respond when humans gave him things. He still wasn't used to it. "Thank you for bringing more."

Jimin handed him the bag with a smile. "Hope you enjoy these too," he replied. Just like Jin, he could see the change in the cat just within the last few days. He seemed more comfortable and not so afraid that someone was going to come along and rip everything away from him, telling him "Haha this was all a lie."

Y/N turned to Yoongi. "Want to take Kookie to your room? Show him where to put his stuff?" she asked.

Yoongi turned to Jungkook and gestured for him to follow, Taehyung trailing along behind the two.

Jimin turned to Y/N. "Wow! What a difference!" he exclaimed, giving his friend a hug. "I knew you would be perfect for him." Jimin had known all along that Yoongi wanted to go home with Y/N. The way the cat's ears perked up whenever anyone mentioned her, the way his face lit up when he was around her, the small smile he tried to hide when Y/N called him her kitty.

Jin nodded in agreement. "He really does seem to be settling in good," he agreed. Although Jin had been nervous about Jaehyun and how it would affect Yoongi, there didn't seem to be any tension coming from the cat. His demeanor showed how relaxed he was in Y/N's presence.

"Yoongi asked me for ear scratches," Y/N informed them, her voice happy. "The day he came home. He wanted ear scratches and to lay in my lap like Kookie and Tae do." She thought of something suddenly. "Jin why does Yoongi's purr sound strange?"

Running a hand down his face in frustration, Jin sighed. "Cats learn to purr from their mother. If they were taken away too early, they didn't get to learn. His body knows what to do instinctively but he doesn't have the knowledge of how to," Jin explained.

Y/N's heart broke a little more. It was just one more indication of the hard life her sweet kitty had led before he came into her life.

A/N: Slumber party coming up next!  Be prepared for a lot of fluff and some craziness from our three lovable hybrids.  Chapter 35 is almost finished.  The goal is to get it posted tomorrow so I can give my loyal readers a little something extra!