Chapter 63

After leaving the studio, Y/N drove around with no real destination in mind, no real place she wanted to go. She wasn't sure how she was feeling about the whole situation and needed time to think about everything. Part of her knew it was Yoongi's hybrid instincts taking over, but at the same time, she couldn't help but feel hurt about everything that happened. After everything that they had talked about with Jimin and Jungkook last night, Yoongi had still let the other cat in his studio, still let her into his space. Yoongi knew that Joy had ulterior motives, but trusted her anyways. It was part of the reason that Y/N had been so hurt. It had taken so long to earn Yoongi's trust, but he had trusted the other cat so much sooner.

Although she tried to push the thoughts of Joy and Yoongi from her mind, it was almost impossible. She just couldn't forget the look of guilt on Yoongi's face, the realization that if Jungkook and Jimin hadn't been there then things would have gone so much further. Even the thought of it made her sick.

Without realizing where she was, Y/N pulled up in front of the clinic. Not surprised where she was, Y/N parked her car and exited it, heading up to the door. She pushed the door open, a fresh wave of tears spilling down her cheeks when she saw Taehyung at the front desk, a huge smile on his face as he caught sight of her.

Taehyung jumped up from his seat and hurried over to Y/N but his excitement at seeing her dissipated when he saw the tears on her cheeks and the absolute devastation in her eyes. He pulled her into his arms, wrapping his long arms around the sobbing girl. "Oh Y/N! What happened? Why are you crying?"

Taehyung's words caught Jin's attention and he hurried from his office, his heart breaking as he saw his best friend sobbing in the arms of his pup. Taehyung gave him a helpless look as Jin joined them. "Come here honey." Jin pulled Y/N from Taehyung's arms and led the girl to his office. He set down on the sofa then pulled the girl into his lap, knowing she needed the closeness.

After switching the OPEN sign to EMEGENCIES ONLY, Taehyung locked the door and rushed into Jin's office, snuggling next to Y/N. They let her sob her heartbreak out for a moment before Jin tilted her chin up to look at him.

"Talk to me honey. What happened?" Jin's voice was soft and gentle as he watched the tears continue to spill down her cheeks, as she sobbed as though her heart was breaking.

With broken words, Y/N managed to tell them what had happened. From Jimin and Jungkook coming over last night to what she had heard when she walked into the studio that afternoon. Jin's mouth dropped open in shock and Taehyung couldn't stop the gasp that slipped from him.

"Oh Y/N. I'm so sorry that happened to you, but you... you do understand that it was Yoongi's hybrid instincts taking over, right? Yoongi loves you so much. He would never do anything like that to hurt you. He would never want to do that to you." Taehyung's words were gentle as he spoke.

"Tae's right." Jin ran a soothing hand over her hair. "There are just some things that can't be controlled, can't be stopped. This is why we offer heat suppressants, to help control those base instincts."

Y/N sighed. "I know, but it still hurts so fucking bad. It hurts that he let her in the studio, trusted her when he didn't even want to trust me. You... you just don't get it Jinnie." She was grateful for her friends, but this was something Jin wouldn't understand.

Jin looked over at Taehyung, who hesitated then nodded. "Actually, honey, I do. The same thing happened with Tae and me." He reached over and squeezed his pup's hand. "But Tae took it much further."

Sitting up, Y/N focused her attention on Jin. "What... what are you talking about?"

Sighing, Jin squeezed Taehyung's hand again, letting the pup know it was okay, that he was truly over it. "About six months after Tae and I started dating, a female hybrid came into the clinic. She was a golden retriever hybrid. Pretty girl, long golden blond hair, about a year younger than Tae. She was coming in with stomach pains that her owner didn't understand. We didn't know it at the time, but it was because she was in heat. She had been on suppressants with her previous owner, but stopped them when she went to live with her new owner. This was the first heat she had been in so she didn't know the symptoms." Jin hesitated, the memory not something he liked to think about, but knowing he needed to tell Y/N about.