Chapter 29

A/N: As promised, early update as a thank you for 1K reads!  More chapters coming later today!

Y/N led Yoongi out to her car, unlocking the door. Yoongi hesitated at the door, unsure where he was supposed to sit. He had never had the chance to ride in the front seat. The few times he did ride in the car, it was in the bed of his last owner's pickup truck. He wasn't permitted to sit in the cab. The wind rushing past his head had caused an immense pain in his ears, forcing him to lay almost flat in the bed to avoid it.

Gesturing towards the car, Y/N gave Yoongi a smile. "You can sit in the front seat kitty," she said. She waited for Yoongi to open the door and get in before settling herself in the driver's seat and starting the car. "I know it's cold, but it will warm up soon." Y/N rubbed her hands together, trying to bring some warmth back in them. "I'm sorry. I didn't think about gloves and a hat. We'll grab those when we go back for more clothes."

Yoongi nodded, not sure how to respond. "It's okay. I'm... I'm not usually too cold," he said, his chattering teeth giving him away. He remembered what Jin had said about expressing his needs and wondered if Y/N would be mad at him for not telling the truth.

Y/N giggled at him. "It's okay kitty. I can see you're cold," she replied. "Hopefully it will warm up soon." Y/N wanted to squeal at how cute he looked. He had his head tucked down into the coat, his hands tucked between his knees, and his tail draped across his lap, proving extra warmth.

Y/N pulled out of the parking lot of the clinic to make the short trip home. The car ride was silent except for the quiet music playing in the background. Y/N didn't want to force Yoongi into conversation since he seemed to enjoying looking out the window.

Yoongi was caught up in the view outside the window. Although he had been living on the streets for several years, he never took the time to appreciate just how pretty the city was. They drove passed a park that was filled with kids in winter clothes, sledding down a big hill. Yoongi cracked his window a little as they drove past a bakery and the aroma coming from it was heavenly, almost as much as Y/N's scent. After a short trip, they pulled up in front of a large well-kept building. It was a pretty brick building, surrounded by lots of trees. There was something that looked to be a fountain in the front, but was currently covered due to the cold.

Y/N parked in a small lot then opened up the door. "Come on kitty," she said. "Let's go get you settled in your new home." She got out of the car and went around to the front, waiting for Yoongi to get out. He grabbed his bag from the floor and clutched his keyboard, under his arm.

Y/N held out a hand for him and Yoongi took it gratefully, gripping her fingers tightly in nervousness. Her presence was the only familiar thing right now and he was thankful for her to be by his side.

Leading him up the sidewalk and to the door, Y/N watched Yoongi's eyes dart around in nervousness, taking in everything around him. They stopped at the main door and Y/N punched in a code. When the door beeped, she pulled it open and stepped through.