Chapter 7

After the tour, Y/N led Yoongi back to his room. On the way, Y/N was nearly plowed down by a large bunny and Yoongi pulled her behind him, a low growl in his throat and his tail bristled. The bunny's ears dropped and he backed up in fear.

Y/N put her hand on Yoongi's arm. "It's okay kitty. This is Kookie. He was just giving me a hug," she said gently.

Yoongi's tail dropped in embarrassment and he immediately stepped aside, his cheeks pink. After realizing he was not in danger, the bunny hugged Y/N and Yoongi watched at the big bunny wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling his nose into her neck. Y/N reached up and stroked on of the bunny's velvety ears and he pushed his head further into her hand, letting out happy noises. Yoongi reached up and touched one of his own ears, remembering the quick gentle touch of Y/N's hands from earlier.

Y/N saw the fleeting look on longing in his eyes and yearned to reach out and stroke his ears, but she didn't want to overstep with him. She pulled herself out of Jungkook's arms, giving his long ears one last rub. Jungkook whined when she pulled away, making her laugh. "Such a needy bunny," she said with a smile.

Jungkook ducked his head. "You give the best ear scratches out of anyone," he said, a grin on his face.

"Even better than Jimin?" Y/N asked, raising an eyebrow. Y/N laughed out loud when Jungkook refused to make eye contact. "Don't worry Kookie. Your secret is safe with me." She gestured towards Yoongi. "Kookie, this is Yoongi."

Jungkook gave a shy wave and a soft "hi." Yoongi returned the wave, but stayed quiet, eyes focused on the ground. He was still embarrassed from the way he had reacted upon seeing Jungkook and was worried that he had angered Y/N. He had gotten beat by his last owners for far less serious actions. He held his tail in nervousness, wondering what Y/N would do when they were alone again.

Y/N gestured towards Yoongi. "I'm going to take you back to your room and get you some painkillers for that wound. I'm sure the numbness has worn off by now," she said. "And I feel so bad for making you walk so much."

Yoongi shook his head. "It's okay," he said quietly. He didn't want to admit that he enjoyed spending time with her. He had been fascinated by the clinic and everything it had to offer.

Y/N gave Jungkook one last quick hug. "I'll see you later, Kookie," she said. "I promised Kai I would come back tomorrow after class."

Jungkook gave her a big grin. "Can I get more ear scratches tomorrow?" he asked, a hopeful grin on his face.

Y/N pinched his cheek. "Yes silly bunny. You can get more ear scratches tomorrow," she said returning his smile. Jungkook blushed then gave her a wave before heading down the hallway.

As they approached his room, Y/N noticed Yoongi limping a little, favoring his injured leg. Her guilt over keeping him on his feet worsened and she helped him to sit on his bed. "I'm going to get some medicine for you and you can rest a bit before dinner," Y/N said, patting his shoulder.

Yoongi nodded and watched Y/N leave the room. She had not reacted negatively towards him when he growled at the bunny. She just put a hand on him to calm him. When she helped him to sit on the bed, her hands were nothing but gentle. He thought about the interaction between Y/N and the bunny. The bunny had showed no signs of fear whatsoever. He clearly adored the human girl and craved her touches and attention. This was something new to Yoongi since humans usually elicited a fearful reaction in hybrids, especially ones like bunnies, mice and other prey type hybrids.

Y/N came back into the room with a cup containing two small white pills and another bottle of water. Yoongi thanked her with a small smile as he took the cup and swallowed both pills with help from the water.

"You should rest for a bit before dinner," Y/N said. "Someone will come and get you when dinner is ready."

At her words, Yoongi looked at her, a hint of sadness on his face. "You're not staying?" he asked hesitantly.

Y/N shook her head. "No kitty. I do have to go now. I've been here longer than I planned on today. I already postponed my plans with someone today and if I cancel completely, he's really going to be angry," she said.

Yoongi's heart dropped at her use of the word 'he.' He knew it was too good to be true. When she had first come into the room, her scent of chocolate and peppermint had an underlying scent of bitterness and cheap cologne from a human male. Since Yoongi knew the scent didn't come from the sweet smelling male doctor, he knew it had to come from the 'he' she mentioned.

"Do you want me to come see you tomorrow?" Y/N asked. She liked spending time with Yoongi but didn't want to intrude. "I have class until 3, but I can come afterwards."

Yoongi shrugged. "If you want," he said, trying to keep the hope out of his voice.

"Okay," Y/N replied. He refused to make eye contact and Y/N wondered about his quick change of personality. Yoongi had seemed to open up during the tour of the clinic, but had shut down again when they reached his room. "I'll see you tomorrow then." Yoongi just nodded and Y/N left the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

Jin noticed her downcast face as soon as she entered the waiting room, where he was seated at the receptionist desk filling out the last patient's chart. "Everything okay?" he asked.

Y/N shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. I thought I was making progress with Yoongi, but as soon as we reached his room, he seemed to shut down again," she said, her voice filled with sadness.

Jin studied her face for a moment. He could guess what was wrong with Yoongi, but didn't want to say anything to Y/N and make her feel guilty about leaving. The cat had bonded with her and didn't want her to leave. He was most likely worried that she wouldn't return, no matter what she promised him. "Are you coming back tomorrow?" he asked.

Y/N nodded, leaning against the desk. "Yeah. I'm going to go meet up with Jae. We were supposed to have a date today," she said sheepishly. "I'll come after class tomorrow. Jungkook and Kai have already claimed ear scratches."

A brown head and two silky ears popped out of a door. "Did someone say ear scratches?" Taehyung asked. Both Y/N and Jin laughed at the dog's hopeful smile.

"Come here you silly puppy," Y/N said with a smile. "I'll give you some scratches before I leave."

"I need lots," Taehyung said, a pout on his face. "I wont see you for a few days and I'll miss your ear scratches."

Jin gave him a fake horrified look. "What about my ear scratches?" he asked, pressing a hand to his chest.

Taehyung's smile dropped. "I love yours too, but Y/N's are... special," he said, the last word coming out hesitantly.

Jin laughed and rubbed Taehyung's head. "No worries Tae. I'm just teasing you," he said.

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and pushed his head towards Y/N's hand. She ruffled the dog's hair then stroked his silky ears. Taehyung closed his eyes in pleased delight and the thump of his tail hitting the desk could be heard. Y/N smiled at the sweet dog's reaction. After scratching his ears for a few minutes, Y/N pulled away and laughed when Taehyung let out a disappointed whine.

"Oh stop it you big baby," Y/N said. "When you come back in a few days, I'll give you all the ear scratches you want."

Taehyung thought about it for a moment then gave Y/N a quick hug. Y/N squeezed him then pecked his cheek before going around to hug Jin goodbye. He stood and wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. "I'll see you in a few days," he said.

Y/N hugged him back tightly. "Have a safe trip and have a good time with your parents," Y/N said. She turned to Taehyung. "You just be the sweet pup I know you are and his parents will love you as much as the rest of us do."

Taehyung nodded and gave her a bashful smile. Y/N waved and headed out the door of the clinic. Taehyung and Jin watched her leave. "What's going to happen with Yoongi?" Taehyung asked. He knew that if the cat had bonded with her, it was going to be hard to see her with someone else.

Jin shrugged and rubbed Taehyung's head. "I don't know Tae. I just don't know."