Chapter 45

Yoongi woke up the next morning, snuggled up to Y/N. She had turned sometime during the night and was facing away from him. He had his chest pressed up against her back and his tail wrapped around her waist, holding her close. The scent of chocolate and peppermint filled his nose, relaxing him even further and he knew this was where he wanted to be.

Although he wanted to stay there longer, eventually the need for the toilet overtook his desires to spend the morning wrapped around Y/N. He gently slid back and got out of her bed, heading into the bathroom to take care of his needs. After washing his hands and brushing his teeth, he exited the bathroom, stopping to take in the sight of the beautiful girl still sleeping. Her hair was spread across her pillow and she had a soft smile on her face. The feeling hit Yoongi like a ton of bricks, like a splash of icy water straight to the face. All the things he had been feeling for her added up and it all made sense. He loved her. He absolutely without a single doubt in his mind loved her.

Yoongi stumbled back at the realization, catching himself against the bathroom doorframe. How could this have happened? How could he have let himself fall so far, so deeply that there was no way of escaping it? He ran a hand down his face, unsure of what to do now. Part of him was telling him to run, run as fast as he could before Y/N woke up and kicked him out, but the larger part of him was telling him to stay calm, telling him that Y/N was not like that. She had promised he could stay with her and was not the type to go back on her promises. Yoongi trusted her. As much as his instincts were telling him not to, he trusted her.

Pushing himself away from the doorframe, Yoongi left the room, crossing the hall to his own room. He showered quickly, putting on fresh clothes, frowning at how the clothes that had fit so well before now hung loosely on his thin frame. He knew it had to do with the last two weeks he had been in the clinic. He hadn't eaten much and hadn't slept well. He had missed Y/N so much that the idea of being away from her was enough to drop him into a deep depression that he wasn't sure he would be able to pull himself out of.

After dropping his dirty clothes in the hamper, Yoongi headed into the kitchen wanting to make breakfast for the girl he loved. He pulled out the stuff for pancakes, knowing she liked them. As he mixed the batter and waited for the electric skillet to heat up, Yoongi's mind filled with thoughts of what he could do. He didn't want to tell her his feelings and have her reject him, but at the same time, he didn't know how long he could keep it hidden. Already it wanted to escape, wanting for him to confess everything just so she would know. Yoongi wasn't naïve enough to believe that she would reciprocate his feelings, but there was a tiny glimmer of hope that she might.

Yoongi was so caught up in his thoughts that he wasn't aware of Y/N's presence until her scent filled his nose and a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, hugging him tightly. Yoongi tensed up at the feel of her arms around him, but then relaxed in her gentle embrace. "I... I woke up and you weren't there. I almost thought it was a dream that you didn't come back to me." Y/N's were muffled against his back, but Yoongi was still able to catch them.

The sadness in her voice made Yoongi's heart flutter and he turned in her arms, wrapping his around her shoulders and pulling her close. "I'm... I'm here. I'm right here with you and it's exactly where I want to be." Yoongi nuzzled his face in her hair, breathing in her scent, letting it envelop and calm his fears.

Y/N pulled back, embarrassed at her reaction. "Sorry... sorry about that. I just really missed you the last two weeks. It was ... different without you here. I'm so happy you're back."

Yoongi hugged her again, leaning his head against hers for a moment. "Me too." He reluctantly released her then turned back to the pancakes. "I'm... I'm making you breakfast." He didn't know if she would be angry at him for just assuming he was allowed back in the kitchen, but there was no sign of irritation in her eyes at all, just the same kindness that was always present, always so visible.