Chapter 51

A/N: An extra chapter for my late posting and as a thank you for 9.3K reads! You all are amazing!  Thank you!

"Kitty, stop pacing. You're making me dizzy." Y/N reached out a hand to the nervous cat. "Come sit down."

Y/N and Yoongi were in the waiting area outside the producer's office, waiting for the man who would decide Yoongi's fate. At least with this particular company.

Yoongi had been pacing for the last five minutes, his already tense nerves getting the better of him. He really wanted this to go well. He wanted the producer to like his music, but most importantly he wanted to give Y/N a reason to be proud of him. Maybe if this worked out, he would be good enough for her.

Y/N reached out and grabbed his hand as he crossed in front of her. She tugged on his hand, forcing him to sit down. She laced their fingers together rubbed the top of his hand with her thumb. "It's going to be okay my kitty. I promise you."

Looking down at their intertwined hands, Yoongi tried to focus on the feel of her soft fingers against his, tried to concentrate on the soothing touch. He felt his anxiety dissipate a little, knowing that no matter what, Y/N was going to be there by his side.

"Min Yoongi?" Yoongi looked up at the sound of his name and his mouth dropped open in shock. The man exiting the office extended his hand for Yoongi to shake. "Oliver Lee. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Y/N's eyes darted over to the cat that hadn't moved. She nudged his side and Yoongi snapped out of his stupor. "N-n-nice to meet you," he said softly. He couldn't take his eyes off the other man. He was several inches taller than Yoongi, wearing a black suit with a silver tie. He was very handsome but that's not what had Yoongi's attention. Sticking out of the man's blond hair were two ears, pointed with tufts of hair sticking from the top of them.

Oliver grinned at the look of surprise and confusion on the other cat's face. "Wasn't expecting a hybrid were you?" It was something that had stunned several of the musicians that had come into his officer. And unfortunately for some, it was enough for them to turn around and leave. When Park Jimin approached him about a cat hybrid with musical talent, Oliver had been more than happy to listen to the sample, maybe give the cat some pointers. However, the sample Jimin had brought him astounded the young producer. The musician was exceptionally talented and Oliver couldn't wait to work with him.

Yoongi shook his head. "I... I apologize. I didn't mean to stare." His words were soft and he felt the heat rise in his cheeks. Nice going you dumb cat. You get one chance to impress this guy and you make an ass of yourself because he has ears like you.

Waving a hand in dismissal, Oliver shrugged. "Don't even worry about it. Most people have the same reaction. They don't expect one of the most well known producers in the country to be a Lynx hybrid. It is one of the reasons I've never allowed myself to be photographed. I like seeing people's reactions when they see me for the first time." Oliver's eyes turned sad for a moment before he grinned. "At least you didn't give me the same look of disgust that most people do."

Y/N watched the interaction silently, just as surprised as Yoongi to see the Lynx hybrid in front of her. She definitely hadn't expected this, but to see the tension slowly exit Yoongi's frame made her extremely happy that the man was a hybrid.

Oliver turned his attention to the pretty human sitting in the chair. He stepped towards her, extending a hand. "You must be Yoongi's girl that Jimin mentioned. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Standing, Y/N returned the handshake, resisting the urge to reach up and touch his fluffy ears, knowing it would be an invasion of his personal space. "Yes. I'm Y/N. It's an honor to meet you Mr. Lee. I'm a huge fan of your music."