Chapter 28

A/N: SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE! Please read Chapter 27 first.

When Y/N reached Jin's office, she peeked around the door, seeing the kind doctor, sitting back in his chair, his eyes closed, one hand clenched on the desk in an obvious sign of frustration. Y/N knocked softly on the door and entered at his tired "come in." Y/N could see the stress clearly written all over his features. "Hey Jinnie," she said gently. "How's the new big kitty?"

Jin sighed. "Y/N it's one of the worst abuse cases I've ever seen. He had more scars than I have ever seen on any hybrid ever, along with a host of fresh wounds. His tail is about 6 inches too short, indicating it was either ripped or cut off. One of his ears is missing a chunk and he had a knife wound to his abdomen. We have him sedated right now to hopefully give him some time to heal from his injuries," he said, his voice showing his aggravation at the abuse the poor cat had suffered through. Jin ran a hand through his hair in frustration, tugging on the silky strands.

Y/N went around the desk and wrapped her arms around Jin's shoulders. "This is why these beautiful hybrids need you. They need someone amazing like you who is going to save them," she said, kissing his cheek.

Jin reached up and squeezed one of her hands, letting himself enjoy the comfort she was giving him. "We got him stabilized for now. We were able to take care of his physical injuries, but it's his mental state that I'm most worried about right now," he explained. "I don't know how he's going to be when he wakes up. What he's going to be like. I don't know if he'll be violent and I'm worried for him."

Y/N nodded her head, knowing the thoughts that must be running through Jin's head. If the tiger is violent, he'll be a danger to keep in the clinic. If they can't keep him here, he'll have to be sent to a different shelter. One that has the space to keep him. The only other Y/N had ever visited was horrible. Yes the doctors and nurses there seemed caring, the rooms were clean and the hybrids were well fed, but Y/N hated how they separated the hybrids by breed. The predator type hybrids, wolves, lions, tigers, and panthers, were kept in cell like rooms, even if the hybrids that were calm and sweet. Y/N couldn't even imagine poor Kai being there. Although he was the mellowest hybrid Y/N had ever met, he would be kept in a cell because of what he is. Even though both Y/N and Jin hate the shelter, if the tiger becomes a danger to the other hybrids, they would have no choice but to send him there.

Y/N gave Jin one last squeeze then stood up, tugging the doctor to his feet. "Come on. Come help me make breakfast for our hungry group," she said, giving him a smile. "I'm sure Sehun and Kai are already down there waiting."

Jin smiled, grateful for Y/N's ability to pull him out of his funk. "Yeah you're right," he sighed out. "I'll make a decision on the tiger when it comes time for that."

Y/N and Jin headed down the corridor together, talking and giggling. Y/N laughed out loud when she saw Sehun and Kai sitting at the island in the kitchen. "See? Told you they would be here," she said, pinching Jin's side. Jin squealed and gave her a dirty look while Y/N went and greeted the two hybrids, giving into their not so subtle pleas for ear scratches.

While Y/N and Jin cooked breakfast, Yoongi finished changing and packing up the few things he had: his portfolio and headphones from Y/N and the music magazines from Jungkook's Jimin. Although his old clothes had been returned to him clean, he tossed them and his old sneakers in a trash can, not wanting any reminders of his old life. Yoongi looked down at the clothes Y/N chose for him, delighted at how soft everything was. She had brought him a pair of dark jeans with a perfect tail hole cut out, a soft white t-shirt, and the softest sweatshirt he had ever seen. It was black and so fuzzy that he almost wanted to curl up with it and take a nap. Even the short black coat she brought him was as soft as velvet and nicer than anything he ever owned.