Chapter 26

A/N: TRIPLE SURPRISE UPDATE FOR MY LOYAL READERS! Please read Chapters 24 and 25 (Trigger warning) first.

Y/N wiped the tears that were streaming down her cheeks as she finished telling Jin her story. She hadn't ever told anyone what had happened to her, not wanting to see the pity in her eyes. "That's why I put with Jae's crap. He... he saved me. He saved me and we've been close ever since," she explained.

Jin's eyes were wide in horror at the story she had just relayed and how her jerk of a boyfriend had saved her. All the time he knew Y/N, he had never known she was hiding such a dark secret from him. As much as he disliked Jaehyun, he could now understand the loyalty she had for him. "How come you never told me?" he asked, unmistakable hurt in his eyes. They had been so close in college, sharing the same apartment, studying together, sharing meals. She was his best friend and to know she had suffered through this horrible memory alone tore at his heart.

Y/N sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She knew Jin was going to have that sense of betrayal from sharing the secret she had kept locked up inside for so long. "I'm so sorry Jinnie," Y/N said, her voice soft. "No one knows, not my parents, nobody. I didn't even tell Misha." She trusted Jin, she really did, but she didn't want him to look at her any differently.

Jin reached out and pulled the weeping girl close. "It's alright my friend. You have your reasons for keeping this from me and I respect that. Just know I am here for you and always will be. Please don't ever feel like you have to hide anything from me. I will love you no matter what. Today, tomorrow and always," he reassured, trying to calm his friend.

Y/N hugged him for a moment longer then moved away, wiping her tears. "It's just... it's just something I don't like to talk about to anyone. I've seen the way people look at girls when it happens. It made me think of what I did to bring it upon myself. Was it really my fault? Was I really taunting him?" she asked. It was the same question that plagued her mind hundreds of times over the last several years.

Jin shook his head vehemently. "Absolutely not. Don't you ever for one second think this was your fault. It's that dirty bastard's fault for not knowing how to treat a woman. It is never a woman's fault. Ever. No matter the circumstances. And the instant you said no, he should have stopped. It's one hundred percent on him. I know that without a doubt," Jin declared, the aggravation clear in his voice. He felt so bad for his friend of what had happened to her so many years ago. Even worse that she blamed it on herself.

After a few minutes of letting Jin hug and soothe her, Y/N pulled back and gave him a watery smile. "I'm going to go say goodbye to Yoongi. I have a lot of things I need to take care of if I'm going to be bringing him home tomorrow," she said, her tone showing her reluctance to leave the comfort and safety of Jin's office and the caring doctor sitting in it.

Giving her a smile, Jin waved a hand at her, knowing she was anxious to get back to her kitty. She may not see it yet, but the way she almost attacked Jimin for wanting to adopt Yoongi showed a possessiveness over the quiet cat that wasn't just from a human wanting a hybrid. Jin grinned to himself, curious about how the whole thing would play out.

Y/N hurried out of the office, papers clutched in her hands, excitement filling her heart. In less than 24 hours, she would be taking her kitty home. Finally.

Yoongi could hear Y/N's frantic footsteps coming down the hall and for a moment panicked that she had changed her mind or Dr. Jin hadn't allowed her to adopt him, but his fears faded the instant Y/N's head popped around the door, a bright smile on her face. "Did you... did you talk to Dr. Jin?" he asked, not wanting to sound too hopeful. Maybe she was smiling because she found a different hybrid that she liked better. Maybe it was because... Yoongi shook his head to clear his thoughts and to stop himself from getting too worked up.