Chapter 18

Before class the next morning, Y/N dropped Taehyung off at the clinic, promising to return for him after school. Y/N met Jaehyun for lunch between classes and she explained that Taehyung was spending a few nights with her.

"Why didn't Jin just have the dog stay at the clinic?" Jaehyun asked, the irritation obvious in his voice.

"Jin knows Tae would rather stay with me," Y/N explained simply. "I love spending time with Tae so I'd rather him stay with me too." She was tired of defending her hybrids around Jaehyun. It was starting to take a toll on their relationship.

Jaehyun said nothing. He had been worried last night thinking about what happened with the dog, but since Y/N said nothing, the damn thing must have kept his mouth shut. At least it didn't give her another reason to be pissed off at him.

Y/N and Jaehyun finished their lunches in silence. "Want to meet after classes?" Jaehyun asked as they were getting ready to head back to their respective buildings.

Y/N shook her head. "I can't. I have to go pick Tae up from work," she said, putting her bag over her shoulder and grabbing her trash.

Jaehyun huffed in frustration. "Fine. I can pick up some more hours anyway," he snapped then stalked away without any other words.

Y/N sighed and watched him walk away. He very rarely left her without a hug, kiss, or an 'I love you' so it was clear about the mood he was in. She was really starting to get annoyed with his behavior and attitude lately toward the hybrids. It was slowly getting worse.

The rest of the day passed by swiftly and Y/N left the campus eager to get to the clinic. Taehyung was at the receptionist desk on the phone when she arrived and gave her a big smile and a wave. Y/N waved back then made two pointy ears with her hands on top of her head and pointed, indicating she was going to see Yoongi. Taehyung gave her a nod and a thumbs up.

Y/N made her way to Yoongi's room. The door was cracked open and she knocked softly.

Yoongi had been sitting on the edge of his bed, reading a magazine when he had scented chocolate and peppermint then had heard the sound of her soft footsteps approaching. He set down the magazine he was reading and called "Come in," knowing right away who it was. He smiled when Y/N peeked her head around the door.

"Hello my favorite kitty," Y/N said, her voice gentle. "How are you today?"

Yoongi felt his cheeks flush at her words. Anytime she called him her favorite kitty, it did something strange to his heart. "I'm good. How are you?" he asked.

Y/N nodded and stepped into the room. "Good. Spending time with Tae always puts me in a good mood," she replied. And her words were true. Taehyung's high energy and sweet disposition always made her feel better, no matter how bad the day had been.

Yoongi felt a pang of envy stab through his heart at her words. He wanted to spend time with her and feel close to her like Taehyung was able to do, but he didn't know how to ask. His mind kept going back to the mention Jin made of Y/N wanting to adopt. She hadn't mentioned a hybrid she wanted, but she did keep calling him her favorite kitty. Yoongi hadn't been able to keep his mind off the thought of Y/N adopting him.

"Did you get a new magazine?" Y/N asked, gesturing towards the one in his hands.

Yoongi looked down. "Uh... yeah. Jungkook's person was in here earlier and brought it for me," he said. "He's nice." Yoongi looked forward to seeing the blond guy come in. It was another human that treated him well and was kind to him.

"Yeah Jimin's really nice. He's such a good person, but so are you so I can see why Jimin likes you," Y/N said, her voice happy but contrasting to what was really on her mind. Jimin had mentioned the possibility of getting another hybrid. Someone who could be company to Jungkook when he was working. Y/N was wanting to adopt Yoongi so she hoped that Jimin was not thinking about picking Yoongi; however, if Yoongi was okay with it, she would be happy for him.

Yoongi could see the hint of sadness in her eyes and wondered what had happened to make her look like that. "Y/N..." he started but then cut himself off. "Umm... never mind."

Y/N raised an eyebrow in question at the hesitant cat, but left it alone when Yoongi refused to continue the question. She pointed to the magazine. "Is music your favorite?" she asked.

Yoongi nodded. "I always loved music," he said, wanting to share his interest with her. "I love the process behind it, the composing, the production, everything." Yoongi had always wanted to create his own music, but after he was banned from using the piano at his last home, he always figured it was a pipe dream that would never come true.

Y/N noticed the look of dejection that passed over his face and knew he was thinking about the piano at his old house. Yoongi had mentioned how much he loved to play it and Y/N knew he missed it. As they talked, an idea came to Y/N's mind. One she would have to put into motion when she got home that evening.

Y/N stayed with Yoongi for a little while longer then went to go hunt for Taehyung. He wasn't at the receptionist desk, but she heard his energetic voice from down the hall. She stopped at Carlos's door where she heard him, but hesitated at the conversation they were having on the other side of the door.

"Why didn't you tell Y/N?" Carlos asked, his voice filled with worry.

"What was I supposed to do?" Taehyung questioned. "Tell Y/N her boyfriend called me a stupid, worthless mutt? I don't want to be the reason they get into an argument. He hates us all as it is."

"You don't think Y/N deserves to know?" Carlos countered. He liked the sweet girl and felt bad to know that the guy she was dating was so terrible.

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise at the conversation she was hearing. This was the reason that Taehyung had been so upset the night before. Her heart shattered a little when she realized the sweet pup had lied to her out of fear. He hadn't wanted to be the reason between problems with her and Jaehyun. Although she hoped Taehyung knew she would never blame him for something that was not his fault, she can understand why he felt the need to hide it from her. She felt bad listening to the conversation, but at the same time she was glad she heard this. She needed to make some decisions soon and this was going to help her make those decisions.