Chapter 47

SURPRISE! An extra long chapter as a HUGE thank you for 6.7K reads!  Thank you so much! ENJOY!

An hour later, Y/N and Yoongi pulled up in front of the restaurant. As they got out of the car, Yoongi hurried to Y/N's side, wanting the comfort of the girl's presence, still a bit nervous about meeting more of her friends. Y/N held a hand out to him and he eagerly took it, lacing his fingers with hers.

Y/N and Yoongi entered the restaurant, Y/N looking around for Namjoon and Hoseok. Spotting them at a table, Y/N led Yoongi over there, sensing the cat's hesitation. "Hi Joonie, Hobi. This is my kitty, Yoongi."

Yoongi was surprised at the two men seated at the table that immediately stood up to hug Y/N. One was a human male with blond hair and the prettiest dimples Yoongi had ever seen and the other was a fox hybrid with hair a couple shades darker than his pretty, light orange ears. Yoongi wondered why Y/N hadn't told him that one of them was a hybrid but then realized that it wasn't important to Y/N. She saw them both as her friends, not thinking that one was better than the other.

Wrapping Y/N in a hug, Namjoon kissed the top of her head. "Hey sweetie. How's it going?"

Y/N returned the hug then moved away to give some attention to Hoseok. "It's going good. How are the two of you?"

Hoseok hugged Y/N tight, having missed the girl so much. "Really good, but I missed you. I haven't seen you in so long."

Rubbing the fox's ear, Y/N gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Well then we will all have to get together for a movie night. How's that sound?" She laughed out loud at the excited look on Hoseok's face and his enthusiastic nod.

Yoongi watched the interaction quietly, trying to push down the wave of envy he felt crashing over him. He had been doing well with not being jealous, but for some reason the sight of the human male hugging her sent it racing back.

Namjoon held out a hand, studying the quiet cat, who was standing behind Y/N. It was clear by the look on the cat's face that he adored Y/N. "It's nice to finally meet you Yoongi. I'm Namjoon, but you can call me Joon. Y/N's told us so much about you."

Yoongi's eyes darted over to Y/N in surprise. She told her friends about him? "It's... it's nice to meet you too."

The fox bounded over to Yoongi, picking him up off of his feet in an energetic hug that had Yoongi tensing up. "I'm Hobi. I'm so happy to finally get to meet you. Y/N talks about you all the time. She was so happy when she adopted you. I'm so happy she finally got a hybrid. Y/N's the best."

Y/N patted Hoseok's arm. "Okay my little Hobi. Let my kitty breathe." As Hoseok released Yoongi, Y/N could see the dazed look on his face.

Hoseok saw the same look as Y/N did and his eyes immediately turned sad and apologetic. "I'm... I'm sorry," he apologized, his eyes downcast, his ears laid back, and his tail dropping. "I have... have a lot of energy."

Rubbing the fox's silky ear, Y/N reassured him. "Just give him time to get to know you Hobi. He'll love you just like we all do."

Seeing the dejected look on the fox's face, Yoongi felt bad for him. "It's... it's okay. I was happy to meet you too. Jungkook and Tae really like you so I knew I would too."

Y/N melted at Yoongi's words. Although the cat was clearly nervous, he was sensitive and compassionate enough to try and comfort the distraught fox, knowing how hard it can be for hybrids to adjust to new situations and people. With his sweet demeanor, Y/N's heart began to steadily fall in love.

Namjoon saw the look cross Y/N's face and grinned. He recognized the look: it was the same one he had when he looked at Hobi, the same one Jimin had when he looked at Jungkook, the same one Jin had when he looked at Taehyung. That look of amazement and wonder that such an amazing person could possibly exist and you would do anything for them, be anything for them.