CH12 - The Drunken Warrior - Part 1

As Hiei was at the back with Phoenix trying to heal his burned arm, they didn't even notice a nosy human with orange-hair staring at them really confused but curious at the same time.

"Hey uh, guys, what's with the shorties over there?" Kuwabara asked from Red-Hood and Kurama.

"What do you mean?" Asked Scarlett innocently before turning to the direction where his friends are.

"There is nothing wrong, I just noticed how those two seem to be a bit close." Kazuma corrected himself. "Did something happened to them?"

"Oh, I'm sure it's nothing." Scarlett answered immediately. Way too quickly that made Kurama suspicious but at least Kazuma shrug his shoulders and lost interest quick. The redhead looked at the Red-Hooded figure who gave a shake of a head, meaning she doesn't want to pressure the subject. Thankfully he understood it but held a knowing smile on his face as he turned to look at his friends clearly feeling there is something growing between them. But decided to say nothing and just keep it like that.

Anyways, back to Team Rokuyukai, two out of the three remaining members got cold feet and just ran off like scared bunnies who were trying to get away from the hunter's grasp, leaving poor Rinku all along to deal with this mess. Unfortunately for those demons, they ran right into a trap.

Team Urameshi looked at the dark hallway curiously. However, Phoenix's nose scrunched up in disgust as soon as he smelled. . .

'Alcohol?' Miyuki questioned herself, making her stop with her healing and look at the dark tunnel as well. Her face is not even trying to hide the hatred she has toward those poisonous drinks since she had to deal with most of her life time because of her mother.

From the darkness, a figure showed up with the now-dead teammates and some cheap alcohol in his other hand.

"Oh crap, it's bright out here." Said a man with a heavy Australian accent before dropping down the dead bodies.

"Y-you're here?" Rinku asked dumbfounded as he saw his teammate in the area and by the look on his face, he didn't expect him to show up at all. The demon man gulped down the last drop of the booze.

"Ey, would you explain it those guys not to run away again? Here is a fight to fight." He mumbled on and on before dropping the glass bottle that shattered into pieces. He wobbly made his way to the edge of the ring and began to clumsily climb up, but since his alcohol holds his limbs back to be steady and clouded his mind he fell on his butt. When he realized he was on the ground the man with two ponytails laughed it off.

"Ey, no need to make the ring taller, let's just have some fun." The drunk man said before placing a toothpick into his mouth. "It is bright here."

"Oh dear." Botan said out of the blue. "A drunk mad man escaped to the ring." No comments were heard, but Phoenix covered his mouth and nose with one of his hands in reflex. The demon stumbled back on his feet but ended up in a sitting, however as soon as his eyes settled onto Koto, he pointed a finger at her.

"HEY! Announcer sheila, you look pretty hot. Can you come here for a second?" The man asked nicely while the poor fox-girl was shaking in her shoes while pointing a finger at herself confused. Suddenly the demon punched the floor to get her attention. "I've got a question for you!" His tone turned a bit aggressive, scaring the living day out of Koto, who rushed over to see what this drunk man wants, even though she didn't want to approach him, at all.