CH30 - The Urameshi Siblings' Big Trial

After a few more steps of walking, Miyuki and Master Yara arrived at a huge underground pond with a flat boulder in the middle. There were also a few colourful crystals that gave some light into the dark place.

"I'll be outside if you need anything." The old Elemental said to her student who nodded to herself. "And don't you dare die on me. Otherwise, I won't have anyone to scold at." The lady said jokingly but behind that tone. . . she was concerned. . . and anxious of how this will go. . . and what the price will be. Somehow Miyuki sensed them all in her master's aura making her turn on her heels so at least she can be face to face with Yara, although she was blind herself. However, she wanted to give that respectful gesture to her teacher before going in and jump into the test.

"I won't master." The Urameshi girl responded with a polite and sincere tone. "Or at least I'll try. But if things turn out to be different then. . . well, you can still have my brother. . ." The girl's small joke made the master somewhat feel at ease.

"Heh. . ." Yara chuckled weakly at her dear pupil's attempt of reassurance. "Before you go for it, there is one more thing I want you to know. . . If you ever use the power of fire, remember this: Fire comes from the breath. Not the muscles."

"Thank you master. I won't disappoint you." Miyuki replied before giving a bow to her master. Master Yara bowed back then left through the cave room's entrance. With earth-bending, she closed it, so the Urameshi girl can have her privacy and space, and quiet for her concentration.

"You never disappointed me in the first place. . . Miyuki. . ." Master Yara murmured to herself as one small tear rolled from her eye and down onto her cheek. . . Memories began to wash over her. Back in the old days when she was young and before hers, Genkai's and her team's invitation into the Dark Tournament. . .

The hand or her first love. . . his sweet voice. . . his fragrance sent and tender touch. . . Then came the pain in her body that ended with the first cry of her first child on the day when she was giving birth to her, with her future to be husband's hand in her grasp. . .

Those great memories were eventually changing into the horrible ones. . . to the screams of her loved ones who died because of her declining the invitation to the Dark Tournament. . . Back in those years ago. . .

That left two big holes inside her heart. . . and the memories still hurt her. . . now. . . she might witness the whole thing again. . .but now with her young students who she became attached to. . . However she had faint in them . . . but still. . . it didn't make her worry less. . .

"Oh, sister. . . " Master Yara murmured to herself sadly. "What are we going to do if they won't survive. . . ? What will you do after that. . . ?" That last question made her heart ache even know because it reminded her of Genkai's prediction. . . Something that she was still not prepared for. . . not yet. . .

Back with Miyuki, she was walking on top of the water. Before her bare feet touched the water's surface, it turned into ice, giving the girl easy access to walking into the middle of the lake where that boulder is. Once she got there, she stopped in the middle. The Urameshi girl took a deep breath then checked if that small glass vile was still there. Thankfully it was still there in her grasp.