CH14 - Night Talks - Part2

Once Ruby finished with my injury I left her room and went to mine. By the looks of it, the boys were okay with each other's company so much so that they didn't even take notice of me entering mine and Hiei's room. When I opened the door, I see Hiei already sleeping on the bed. I shook my head in amusement and began to make my way over my bag and pick out my pajamas. However, my stare was focused on his burned arm, which didn't seem to look any better.

I'll just deal with it after taking a shower. With my clothes and bandages, I got from Ruby, I went into the bathroom area. I place everything near the sink and began to prepare warm water.

Then the pain truck in my right arm again, making me almost fall on my knees. My reflexes caught up to me, and my left hand helped me keep myself steady. I began examining that right hand again, but once more my eye detected nothing.

"What is wrong with me?" I asked myself in disbelief, however, I just ignore it because it didn't feel that serious. But then suddenly my mind drifted to Hiei's arm.

Wait. . . his pain. . . The telepathy connection. . . I didn't get that . . . not after. . .

"First the dream marking. . ." I repeated the destiny marks steps to myself as I looked at my dragon-yang tattoo. "Second is the first kiss. . . " That really made me think. . . "But I felt nothing change when Hiei first kissed me. . . but then there was that moment in the beach when we fought a little and. . . right after that I kissed him. . ." Yes, because I wanted to do it. But not because it was some stupid idea. . . because I felt like my heart wanted to do it. . . That moment just sort of . . . clicked for me. . .

I quickly shook my head.

'Don't think too much idiot.' I scolded myself as I finally got into the huge and round bathtub. 'You will have time for your love life once this whole nightmare is over.'

Finishing with cleaning the sweat and dust off of my body and cover my phoenix tattoo I leave the warmth of the bathroom and enter the bedroom where my partner hadn't moved from the comfort of his bed. I couldn't help but chuckle a little.For someone so prideful and snarky like this stubborn ass demon, he is such a big softie. Now that I think about it, he is kind of like Yusuke. Always look tough on the inside, but had a soft side buried under that jerk. . .

Now this made me mentally chuckle again. Guess we aren't so different after all. I shook the silly distractions out of my head and walk over to the sleeping figure's right side. On my way there I picked up my bota bag and bend the water out of it. Then carefully I began to use my healing abilities-.

"What took you so long?" Speak of the devil, Shadow Lords speaks. I stola a small glance from him before focusing back on his arm.

"Ruby was stitching the wound on my back." I briefly explained. "Were you waiting for me?"

"Hn, like I care. . ." Hiei snarkily retorted and was about to pull his hand from me but I grabbed it and made the water on it turn into ice.

Guess that was a big mistake on my part because I felt the pain in my arm come back while my partner also groaned in pain.

"The hell was that for, woman?!" Hiei snapped at me.

"For not being cooperative, idiot." The girl reasoned with a stern voice. " You promised to let me do my freaking job because as long as I'm concerned I won't let you walk around with that injury." I responded strictly as I slowly began to melt the water from our linked arms. "If you keep this up, you won't be able to use that arm again. Is this really what you want?"