CH38 - Miyuki's Strength

"It's match six: Shishiwakamaru VS Phoenix!" The new referee announced it. "Let's go!" In a flash, the imp with purple hair charged at Miyuki with his sharp blade that he started to swing at her like a mad man. The Urameshi girl dodged them with ease. Her moves looked a little sloppy due to being a little tired, but still, she was able to jump away from the sword's blade.

"Now it's Team Urameshi who is running from the blade." Koto commented into her microphone as she watched the imp swing his weapon around while Miyuki was performing her agility into her own mover. "Thought I say, this young lass's dodging technique is a little more excessive."

"Is it just me, or did she become a little faster than before?" Ruby asked as she squeezed her eyes at her friend's movements.

"She did." The Fire Demon agreed. "But she is still tired." Hiei pointed out.

"Yes." The redhead next to him nodded his head. "The test must have taken a toll on her body, yet she still accepted the challenge."

"Hn, like brother like sister." The Fire Demon scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest." Reckless and stubborn fools who never know when to quit."

"Like you are any different." Ruby boldly mumbled under her breath. To his unfortunate, her comment earned a glare from Hiei.

"Well, she is not wrong." Kurama chuckled in amusement.

"Hn." The Fire Demon just scoffed and turned his full attention back to the two fighters in the ring who were still playing the mouse and cat game.

"You seem to have lost a great deal of your strength since I last saw you fight." Shishi commented cockily as he kept his attempts on cutting the girl in half many times. "But don't worry, I'll save you from this embarrassment, fast!" But it never happened because right before the sword can cut one strand of the girl's black hair, she used her hand, and with the help of metal bending, she changed the direction of the sword before blasting Shishiwakamaru away with a blast of air that came out of Miyuki's hand.

 "But don't worry, I'll save you from this embarrassment, fast!" But it never happened because right before the sword can cut one strand of the girl's black hair, she used her hand, and with the help of metal bending, she changed the direction of ...

The imp ended up bouncing onto the ring's floor like a ball before he jumped back on his feet. Miyuki landed gracefully down to the ring as well in a fighting stance.

"Hmpf, I admit, you surprised me little girl." The imp complimented before letting his energy spread into the air. "But it doesn't matter because today, you will die!"

"Hn, can we get to the point?" The Urameshi girl asked with a bored tone before letting out a small yawn. "I came here to have a good match, not to be bored and hear your empty threats or stupid nonsense about fame."

"Bored, you say?" Shishi retorted with an angry look on his face because the female Spirit Detective insulted his pride. "You won't find this 'boring' anymore once I give you a more appropriate death, Spirit Detective!" With that he took out his sword and opened its hilt, extending its length and reveal some sort of living flesh inside of it with a small head. The banshee shriek. I think it's such a lovely name for a sword.