CH26 - In The End of The Day - Part 3

It was refreshing. The bath I mean. It managed to ease the stress up a little, but unfortunately, it didn't wash away the mistakes I had made on this day.

Even with the two wins, I managed to bring, I still failed in some way. . .

Another big reason for me wanting to start Akio's test as soon as possible.

My bare feet made contact with the tiles, making me feel a bit easier to see and feel the vibration. After climbing into my clothes I cautiously made my way to the door. I gave a few quiet knocks, give Ruby a call, only to meet with complete silence in response. I feel my eyebrow rise, but with a shrug, I just reached for the doorknob and opened it. My legs carried me through the small hall until my feet feel the carpet underneath me.

"Ruby?" I called as my hand reached for the door frame. I knew she was in the bedroom since I can feel her spiritual energy.

"O-Oh hey!" The water-bender girl stuttered then I heard something being shut in a hurry. Like a book.

"Reading?" I asked her curiously as I made my way to the bed. It was painfully slow, but I eventually got there.

God, how can Master Yara live like this. . . ?

"Reading?" Ruby questioned, sounding nervous for some reason. "What gave you the idea?"

"You just shut a book close, fast." I pointed out as I got onto my bed. "I do that at times when Yusuke screams for help when it comes to homework. Out of annoyance of course." While I pulled the covers on me I hear the wings flapping again coming closer to me and then it landed next to my head. It was my little Phoenix. She gave a few chirping here and there then I feel her little head nuzzled up close to my cheek to comfort me.

"Okay, fine you caught me. . ." My friend confessed as her footsteps approached me and place down something next to my side. My hands grabbed it and from the surface of the book cover, I knew it was my book. "I was a bit curious and well, I couldn't help it." Ruby added. I felt a bit amused.

"Hn, if you were so curious about it you could have asked." I informed her before handing back the book. I hear her let out a little gasp of surprise. "Just give it back once you finished. And don't lose my bookmark that's in it. Deal?"

"Deal." She responded before gently taking my other most treasured possession of mine. "Speaking of losing something." Ruby suddenly said and began to shuffle around like, she is looking for something. "I think this belongs to you." I feel her hand grasp onto my wrist then the other one placing something cold and round into my palm. My fingers began to stroke the surface and the moment I recognized the shape, I gasped with realization.

"Oh, I almost forgot about it. . ." I breathed out, feeling calm and relieved washing over me when my ring was in my hands and close to my heart. But then I realized Ruby mentioned 'losing things' before giving it to me. "How did I lost it?" Then I felt that it was the ring, but it didn't have the necklace chain.

"Well. . . kind of. . ." Ruby hesitantly said. "Anyways, the weird thing about this is actually is that Shinobi found it and gave it to me."