CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part3

"SPIRIT WAVE!!!" Yusuke screamed as he blew up the boulders in front of him with his new technique.

"Not bad from an amateur brat like you." Genkai commented snarkily making the male Spirit Detective give his master a look.

"Of for God's sake, will you ever stop bitching me around, grandma?" Yusuke snapped at her master, only to meet with her ignorance.

"Let's see how your sister progressing." The old lady said as she began to walk away.

"Ugh, she always ignores me." The teen boy murmured under his breath as be began to drag himself after his teacher. "But can I at least take these stupid weights off?"

"Shut your trap, you big baby." Genkai replied as she kept on walking. The punk of a boy glared daggers at the old lady's back. However, his attention soon shifted to the area where he sees Ruby practicing water-bending while his sister was 'trying' to fire-bend.

"Take a deep breath and. . . " Miyuki murmured to herself impatiently before trying to shoot fire out of her fist, but the only thing that came out was a small puff of smoke.

 " Miyuki murmured to herself impatiently before trying to shoot fire out of her fist, but the only thing that came out was a small puff of smoke

"Pathetic." Master Yara scoffed at Miyuki who was panting and looked angrily at her fist like, it just failed her. "Out all my students, you are far the worse." The blind old lady then sighed as she grabbed the bridge of her nose. "Well, even though it is only one student, but still. . ." She trailed down while the mentioned water-bender student just scratched her cheek awkwardly at her master's statement.

"M-maybe she just doesn't have enough rage in her." Ruby innocently concluded, which the male Spirit Detective over heard.

"Sooo. . . all we have to do is make little sissy here angry-." This made Yusuke grin ear to ear as he casually slides in next to his little sister, but before he can even open his mouth-.

"Don't even think about it punk!" Miyuki warned him irritatedly, shutting her brother down within seconds.

"Well anyway, what's with the jerk bending here?" Genkai can't help but ask with her sassy attitude.

"I would be damned if I know." Master Yara said with a small shrug. "But from what I can feel is that her flame is being restrained for some reason."

"It probably has to do with the seal I have at the moment." The Urameshi girl informed everyone.

"A seal?" Ruby questioned surprised.

"What seal?" Yusuke asked as well, just as curious as everyone was. "What are you talking about?"

"Remember the time when I fought with Zankoku?" Miyuki reminded her friend and brother, who nodded their heads in reply. "Well, after using the Phoenix powers at first hand, majority of my flame had been blocked right after that, in order to keep it from destroying my body." The girl then scratched the back of her neck. "Akio did say I have small access to fragments of things I already discovered, but when I tried it with the force field, it took a lot out of me. And from then on, I couldn't use that part of my spirit powers to detect or spark up a spark at all."