CH25 - Matter of Love and Death

"What fantastic will!?" Koto commented as she watched the severely injured Kuwabara climbed up to the ring. "The physically hammered fighter has lifted himself at the ring, preventing his team's elimination. But can this haggard boy possibly hope to compete against Team Masho's leader? "

"We men go down with honor." Kuwabara said it, glaring directly to Risho who just held his smug look on his face.

"Fighters, please, report to the center!" Koto asked the opponents.

"Right." Kuwabara nodded before walking forward. Another crack was heard that made the fighter hold his side and fell on one knee. But his stubbornness and determination didn't let him give up, so he forced himself upward, despite the pain and the many already broken bones that kept on making cracking noises.

"He is killing himself. . ." Yusuke told himself as he and his mother watched Kuwabara get to the middle of the ring, helplessly.

"Isn't there anything you can do?" Atsuko asked her son.

"I. . . I don't know. . ." The Urameshi boy breathed out shakily.

"Your heroics are quite misplaced." Risho told Kazuma with a confident smirk. "All you win is a grave."

"Just keep talking cheater!" Kuwabara snapped at him bravely. "I'm just gonna make it tough on you." The little speech was suddenly cut short by a yelp of pain before he collapses onto the floor once more.

"This is gonna be a short one." Koto said with a sweat drop rolling down from her forehead.

"Yes." Risho agreed cockily. "It's just a waste of time." Hearing this, Kuwabara got mad.

"Uh-Uh, you are!" He retorted like a child would and swiftly got back onto his feet, which Risho didn't appreciate or liked at all. It got on his nerve pretty quickly.

"I'm happy to accept your surrender." Risho said, keeping himself composed. "Why don't you avoid embarrassment?"

"I don't get the spotlight often and ain't gonna mess this up!" Kuwabara retorted.

"Now boys, enough with the bitty banter." Koto told them. "Let's get off with this fight that decides the round and the advancement into the Semi-Finals."

"COME ON!" Yusuke yelled, hoping to wake up Kuwabara from his recklessness. "JUST HOLD ON, KUWABARA! MAYBE WE CAN BEAT UP THAT STUPID COMMITTEE OR SOMETHING!"

"Match six!" Koto announce it. "Urameshi Team: Kuwabara. Team Masho: Risho." Kuwabara got into a stance while the Shinobi just stayed still." BEGIN!"

"Wit's and Humans first." Risho told his opponent confidently.

"Why don't you shut your trap, Risho!" Kazuma snapped at the Shinobi before he placed every energy into his body and charged at his opponent. "SPIRIT SWORD!" He cried out as he managed to create his signature weapon. To his unfortunate as soon as that weapon appeared, it disappeared within a second. Either way, Risho jumped out of his way and kicked him in the back, sending Kuwabara fly before rolling on the ring's floor like some ball.