CH16 - A day in waiting. . .

Yusuke pointed at one of the trees with his signature Spirit Gun. The Spirit Detective puts all of his focus on the tip of his finger, but unfortunately, no spark came out of that finger as it would usually appear.

"Damn it!" Yusuke grunted angrily as he dropped his posture while the focus he put on is already giving him a headache. He lifted up his gaze and looked at his hands with quirking eyebrows but questioning eyes. The Spirit Detective's ears suddenly caught the sound of movements which came from behind, along with the entity's spirit energy he knows quite well.

"There you are punk!" Kuwabara greeted his teammate in a scolding way. "You know you could have left me a note or something."

"Pfff, what are you, my dad?" Yusuke retorted, clearly not in the mood to deal with Kuwabara's bullshit.

"Shut up!" Kazuma replied with annoyance. "Anyway, Urameshi, listen don't you think we need some team meeting? I mean I am worried about our next fight. I don't even know where the others went, I think I heard them leave the hotel room before the sun was coming up."

"Heh, have a meeting with yourself then. You'll learn a lot." Yusuke suggested half-heartedly.

"Hey, what is that suppose to mean?" Kuwabara exclaimed irritatedly but then he notices Yusuke leaving. "Hey, don't leave me alone again!"

"Go find a crossword puzzle or something." The Urameshi boy said to Kuwabara dismissively and just kept on walking, much to the teammate's annoyance.

"Agh, darn it. Why is he always like that?" The thug growled under his breath. "I'm gonna teach him a lesson once this tournament is over. "

At the cliff, near the edge of the sea a certain Fire Demon was standing. His left hand pull out his sword and put it in front of him. However, when he forces his right arm upward, he winced in pain right before he was able to touch the sword handle. He groaned in agony with a mixture of a frustrated growl that comes out through his gritting teeth. His ruby eyes looking at the waves of the water while his mind tried to find solutions for the next fight.

_________________________________________________________

I felt that tingling sensation again, burning and at times pinching the nerves in my right arm. In reflex, I bit into my bottom lip as my right hand's grip on the metal railing tightened. The other one gripped onto it, but that didn't make the pain go away. . . .

"Phoenix?" A voice called my name, making me snap out of the moment and turn to see Rosehead's and Scarlett's concerned expressions. "Is everything alright?" He asked me in a gentle tone. I just let out a sigh and just silently nod my head before continuing on watching the fight in front of my eye. Right on cue, another demon's head had been chopped off by one of the fighters that belonged to Dr. Ichigaki.

"It's over in seconds yet again!" Koto announced. "And with another decapitation. I must admit, I am getting attached to the group. No pun intended of course. " I couldn't help but examine the fighters of that ugly elf's team. Those three were human, no doubt, but the other three members were "Alright that three straight wins, which means the Dr. Ichigaki Team advances! "

Just before fox-girl is about to announce the end of the match the remaining fighter of that other team, a big fellow, in fact, didn't want to accept this, so he jumped in headfirst and demanded one more match. But to his unfortunate, the three fighters from the previous matches attacked him altogether. Two ripping his arm off and the last one decapitating the Minutourus's head.