CH59 - The Start of the Last Chapters - Part 1

After the whole traumatic events the team went to the hotel and into the living room where they can treat their wounds and rest their minds.

"I still can't believe that this is really over. . ." Kurama breathed out in disbelief as he was treating Yusuke's wounds while Kuwabara was sitting next to his best friends. Hiei was sitting on the windowsill while looking outside of the window. As for the girls, Miyuki was behind the closed bedroom door with Ruby who was healing her wounds as well while the others were down the beach and enjoy their time as long as they can.

"Yea. . ." The Urameshi boy said as he nodded his head weakly. "However, I honestly thought I will hit the bucket after that shot."

"Well, I for one was prepared to die. . ." The redhead said with honesty as he finished wrapping the bandages around Yusuke's chest and arm.

"Heh, I even pretended to be dead." Kuwabara added his own saying, grinning proudly and amused.

"Hn, like it's a good thing that you're alive either." Hiei retorted with a deadpan.

"Shut up shrimp boy!" Kazuma snapped at the Fire Demon before crossing his arms over his chest and began to grumble things loudly under his breath. "Damn, I can't believe with an attitude like your, you have a soulmate or a girlfriend at all." At that Hiei snapped his head toward his comrades and rose a questioning brow.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, are we going to see the lucky one anyway?" The male Spirit Detective asked as his tired expression still had the strength to show the mischievous grin.

"Yeah, is she here somewhere in the island?" Kuwabara suddenly asked with his eyebrows wiggling.

"Tsk, like it's any of your business." Hiei rolled his eyes before he looked outside of the window and just stared at the sunset while the two humans were grumbling and trying to guess about this mysterious soulmate the Fire Demon got. The redhead just shook his head in amusement but knew better than to correct them or say anything at all. He just looked at his demon friend at the window and smiled knowingly.

"You're all done Yusuke." Kurama said as he placed onto Yusuke's cheek after he disinfected it.

"Thanks Kurama." The male Spirit Detective smiled before he looked at his arm and flexed it. "Just as good as new." He joked.

"Yeah. . ." Kurama replied with an amused smile. "But no fighting for a while, okay?"

"Yeah-yeah got it." Yusuke said as he waved his hand dismissively. Just then Ruby opened the bedroom which caught the attention of a pair of emerald-green eyes.

"Is everything alright here?" The Water-Bender girl asked as her coffee-bean eyes jumped from one male figure to another.

"Everything is under control Ruby." Kurama reassured.

"Good to know." The bender replied with a nod and smile.

"What about our little birdy there?" The Urameshi boy asked, referring to his little sister.

"Sleeping like a rock." Ruby replied. "Aki is also there watching over her." Hearing this the male Spirit Detective nodded as he let out a silent sigh of relief.