Chapter 15

Juliet's P.O.V

Jax came running over to me, taking me in his arms. Tears begin flooding my eyes. My body shakes in his arms.

I han't realized until that moment how terrified I was, of losing my friends, of dying, of everything.

Jax squeezed my waist whispering that everything would be okay.

My body convolsed as my sobs became uncontrolled. Nothing could stop the tears pouring out of my eyes.

Jax carried me to the car where I curled up in the passanger seat. Lydia's mom had already picked her up, so Jax and I headed home together.

I could feel the tears drying on my face. I didn't bother trying to wipe them away, I didn't bother trying to do anything. All I could do in this moment is focus on breathing in and out.

Jax took my hand, and squeezed it tightly, as if to make sure I'm actually with him.

When we get home, we snuggle up on the couch. Mostly because I begged him to, and since I was crying he couldn't say no.

I was wrapped up in his warm embrace, watching TV but not really taking in anything that was being said on it. Jax kissed the top of my head making me feel less alone.

If only I could tell him. I want to, I want to tell him everything, but I know if I were to do that he would come in harms way and I would never forgive myself if anything were to happen to him.

Though in his eyes I'm a fragile little girl who needs to be protected, in my eyes I'm the one who needs to protect him.

I drift off to sleep. When I wake up in the morning my entire body is full of aches and pains.

School is closed today and tomorrow. It will resume on monday but for now, no school.

You know at most places school is closed when there is a hurricane or snow days, but no in Beacon Hills its closed due to a mass murdering serial killer on the loose. Who happens to be my boyfriend, and who actually isn't the killer.

There has been no word from Stiles or Scott about Derek. Stiles tells me his dad is still looking for him. Which could mean he's either alive and hidding or he's dead and the Alpha got rid of his body.

I pushed my self off the couch, I walk up to my room there I see the box of pictures, and his jacket. I twist my key on the chain just to give my hands something to do.

I need to do something.

So I get dressed and take off running. I run down the familar trail. I feel the leaves cruch under my feet and I breathe in the cool crisp air of the morning.

"Juliet!" I hear Allison call.

I stop running and turn around. She catches up to me panting.

"Are you even human?" She laughs breathlessly.

I don't know.

I laugh in response.

"I had to get out of the house and actually do something." I sigh.

"Me too." She nods.

"Still thinking about last night?"

We both start to walk slowly down the path.

"Yeah, and Scott."

"What about him?"

"I kind of broke up with him, last night."

"Why?"

"He's been acting wierd, blowing me off, and then he locked us in that room and left us for dead."

"Whoa, whoa, way to jump to conclusions." I snap harshly.

I stop walking and look at her with this slightly appualed face.

"What do you mean, jumping to conclusions? He locked us in the chemistry room?"

"How do you know that wasn't to protect us?"

She furrows her brow.

"If the door was locked, nobody could have gotten in, including Derek."

She thinks about it for a little while, not sure what to make of the information I was feeding her.

"I know Scott," I say, "he would never do anything to put his friends in danger, especially you. You should know that."

Before I can even give her a chance to reply I take off running again. I stop in front of the Hale house, I'm so tempted to go in, but I feel like I would just be hurting myself if I did.

I take a deep breath before turning on my heel, and walking away without looking back.

-----

Hey guys! This is a bit of a filler, sorry, but I really loved writing it.

I hope all of you enjoyed it and I want to tank everyone who has been supporting me, it means so much!

I love you all! I'll be posting the next chapter next week.

~Callie❤️