Chapter 13

Juliet's P.O.V.

I was released the next morning and was late to school. My mom tried to convince me not to, but the doctor said I was good enough to go to school.

I walked through the halls and saw Scott talking to himself.

"Hey, Scott." I said walking up to him.

"Oh, come on!"

"That's a nice why to treat a friend who's been in the hospital."

"Look, I'm sorry, I've just been getting help from Derek and he told me to stay away from Allison. I'm also avoiding your brother."

"And I'm one of Allison's good friends and Jackson is, as you said my brother. Got it." I said slightly ticked.

I began to walk off but Scott grabbed my arm.

"Are you okay?"

"I'd be better if I knew I could count on you." I sighed and left.

I sat next to Stiles in class. Scott sat behind Stiles and tried to talk to us.

"Still not talking to me?" He asked Stiles and I.

Both of us stayed quiet.

"Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothin' that big - You know I feel really bad about it, right? And, can you at least tell me if you're okay, Juliet? Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and - That I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him." He said bitterly.

"But obviously we're not talking to you." I said in the same tone.

The anxiety started to eat Stiles alive.

"What did he say?" Stiles asked spinning around.

I sighed, so much for not talking to him. I looked back at Scott.

"Well, he talked to me the other night. He said that, I have to get rid of distractions. And if I want to learn how to control this, how to shift, I have to do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage."

That really didn't make much sense to me.

"Wh - he wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asked as we left class.

"Yeah."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone."

"And those someones are usually Stiles and I." I said.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it. "

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that? " I asked.

"I don't know. I don't think he does either."

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"He told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day."

"When?" I snapped.

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work."

"After work. All right, well, that gives us to the end of the school day then." Stiles said nodding.

"To do what?"

"To teach you myself."

Scott looked worried, but with Stiles he should be.