Chapter 12

Juliet's P.O.V.

Jax took me home and as I sat on my bed I didn't want to fall asleep, because I knew when I closed my eyes they wouldn't open again.

I looked through the box of pictures Derek had given me. I cried and cried. I wasn't ready to die, I didn't want to die yet. I was rapped up in Derek's jacket and just hoped it wouldn't be painful.

I clutched the picture of all four of us as I laid back in my bed. Terrified didn't even begin to describe how I felt. I had never been this scared before.

"I'll see you soon Cora, we'll finally be reunited." I whispered as my eyes closed.

Darkness consumed me. Swallowed me hole and would never let me go. I tried to wake up, but all efforts failed miserably. I was it's prisoner.

Was this it? Is this the end? Am I dead?

It doesn't hurt. There's nothing. Until I hear something.

"Julie! Julie!" A little high pitched voice echoed though my head.

"Cor? Is that you?" I look around me trying to find her.

"Let's play a game! You're it!" Her giggles echo in my head as I begin running.

"Where are you?" I laugh.

"You have to find me."

I begin running faster and I see a door in front of me. I open it and I'm in the Hale house. Before the fire.

Derek and Laura were younger and I looked in the mirror on the wall and so was I. I was 11 again.

"Have you found her yet?" Laura asked smiling a bright smile.

I shook my head with a toothless smile on my face.

"Told you." Derek laughed.

Laura rolled her eyes.

"Let us know when you give up."

"I never give up." I say stubbornly, crossing my arms.

I ran up the steps but as I did, I heard something. I rushed down the stairs and opened the small door on the side of the stairway.

"Found you!" I yelled.

Cora laughed and crawled out of the tight space.

"Now what do you want to play?" I asked.

"How about truth or dare?" Laura said.

"Yeah! Let's do that!" Cora laughed.

I shrugged and sat on the couch next to Cora. We went back and forth until Cora a smirk on her face.

"Okay! My turn!" She announced, "Julie, truth or dare?"

"Dare." I said confidently.

Well, with as much confidence an eleven year old can have.

"I dare you to kiss my brother!" She squealed.

Laura burst out laughing. I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"Are you backing down? Are you a chicken?"

"No." I sighed.

I looked over to Derek, I guess I'll do it. We both began to lean in, but there was a knock on the door that scared me so much I jumped slightly.

Laura got up and answered it.

"Juliet it's your dad." She said walking over to me.

"I guess we'll have to finish this another time." Cora smirked.