Chapter 7

I sat on the bleachers waiting for the guys to come out. Allison and Lydia weren't here so I had to sit by myself. When they came out Coach Finstock went over to Jax.

"Let's go! One - on - one from up top! Jackson - Take a long stick today." Coach yelled.

Jax smiled and picked one up.

"Atta boy. That's how you do it!"

They started and it seemed no one could pass Jax, which didn't help his inflated ego.

"Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go. Faster, Greenberg!" Coach yelled.

Scott was next but seemed to be in a daze.

"Let's go. McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go. Hey, McCall. Hey, McCall!"

He snapped out of it and ran towards Jax. Scott didn't even seem to be trying. Jax slammed him to the ground and was smirking as he backed away.

"You sure you still want to be first line, McCall?" He laughed.

Scott stood up and Coach went over to him.

"My - my grandmother can move faster than that. And she's dead. You think you can move faster than the - lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"

"Yes, coach."

"I can't hear you."

"Yes, coach."

"Then do it again. McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again! Let's go!" He yelled in a mocking tone.

I watched carefully as Scott began to sprint towards Jax. Jax ran towards him. Scott slammed into him and he fell to the ground clutching his shoulder. Scott dropped down too, but he was holding his head. I ran over to Scott. I know I'm a horrible sister but honestly I think he needs to be pushed around a little more, you know, to put him in his place. besides there was enough people crowding Jax and only Stiles and I knew about Scott's gifts.

"Scott? Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked.

"I can't control it, Stiles. It's happening." Scott said panting.

"What? Right here? Now?" I asked panic stricken.

"Come on, get up. Come on. Come on." Stiles said pulling his to his feet.

We ran to the locker room pulling Scott along.

"Come on, here we go. There. That's it. You okay? Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked.

"Get away from me!" He yelled already shifted.

"That's not good." I whispered.

I pushed Stiles and we started running. Scott had us cornered. I pushed him into the lockers holding him against it. He thrashed around but didn't get any where. I threw him down then ran over to Stiles. I saw a fire extinguisher. I grabbed it and as Scott came barreling around the corner, I sprayed him. Stiles and I both ran out of the room and waited.

"Stiles?" We heard a weak voice.

We walked in and he looked very confused.

"What happened?"

"You tried to kill us." I said putting the fire extinguisher down.

"It's like I told you before. It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger." Stiles explained.

"But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed." Scott said.

"Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field. You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game."