Chapter 14

Stiles P.O.V.

Juliet began crying hysterically as Scott and I were desperate to keep the door closed. Fear was running through our veins and it killed me to see Juliet sad like that.

"Lock it, lock it!" Scott screamed.

"Do I look like I have a key?"

"Grab something!"

"What?"

"Anything!"

That's when I realized I left the wire cutter outside, that could be put in between the door and keep it shut. It's not much but it's something.

I stood up and looked outside. it was just a few feet away. I didn't see the Alpha anywhere. Scott stood up to see what I was looking at.

"No."

"Yes."

"Stiles, no, don't."

I didn't listen to Scott, I had to. I quietly crept outside and looked around. Nothing was there. I inched my way closer to the wire cutter and squatted down on the ground to pick it up.

Scott started banging frantically on the door to get my attention.

"Run! Stiles! Stiles!"

I looked up and saw the Alpha emerge from behind my jeep. Fear began pulsing through my veins, well at least more than before. It began charging towards me. I scrambled to my feet and rushed to the door.

Once I was in, I put the wire cutters in the door, to keep it shut. We stayed down for a while before looking out again.

"Where is it? Where did it go?" Scott asked.

I turned on the flashlight and looked around but didn't see him anywhere. We slowly backed away and Scott looked to me.

"That won't hold, will it?"

"Probably not."

I walked over to Juliet and tried to help her up. She looked like she did when I saw her in the hospital. Weak.

We heard a howl. Scott and I shared looks. He rushed over to Juliet and picked her up. We ran into a class room and set her down.

"The desk."

We start to move it to block the door.

"Stop, stop. The door's not gonna keep it out." I say.

"I know."

"It's your boss."

"What?"

"Deaton, the alpha? Your boss."

"No."

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf. "

"That can't be."

"Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him."

"He killed Derek."

A small sob came from Juliet.

"No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead."

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next."

"Okay, just - What do we do?"

"We get to my jeep, we get out of here, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?"

We went over to the windows and Juliet stood up and walked over.