Epilogue

• • • •

            After those four words were spoken everyone started on their own mission. Scott tried to chase after Derek but he was already gone. Argent and Allison planted her necklace on Kate, after he had asked me more about m accusations. Jackson and I dropped Stiles and Scott off before returning home. Argent was going to take care of calling the police. Our parents were on a business trip and weren't supposed to get back for another few days. So the house was quiet when we came in.

            "You said before, you were your own freak show." Jackson says as we enter the house, "Is that why you could take on all those guys?"

            I nod, "Yeah, they call it an Amazon. Apparently."

            "What's that?"

            "I'm strong and fast, and apparently a good problem solver. Like an amazonian warrior. They adapted to the super natural creatures around them."

            "Does that mean..." Jackson trails off, "I - "

            "No." I cut him off, knowing what he was going to ask, "Its passed down from mother to daughter."

            He nods, "Are you okay?"

            "Yeah." I sigh, "Or I will be, maybe after a good nights sleep. You should try to sleep too."

            He nods without saying anything else, before going upstairs. I wasn't far behind him. I wanted to put this day far away from me. Hell I wanted to put these past few weeks far away from me. I walked into my room shutting the door behind me with a sigh.

            "You seem tired." My eyes snapped up to the sound of his voice and I couldn't help but smile. Derek sat on the edge of my bed with his elbows resting on his knees as he looked up at me, "Just an observation."

            I chuckle walking towards him, "You don't know the half of it."

            He smiles, "Get changed." He motions to my ruined prom dress, "That can't be comfortable to sleep in."

            "I doubt jeans and a leather jacket is either." I remark, motioning to him.

            He chuckles, "Yeah well its not like I have a walk in closet full of options, now do I?"

            "Maybe." I remark pulling out a pair of Jackson's old sweats that got stretched out but I still liked to wear, "Here. These might actually fit you." I say throwing them at him.

            He smirks at me but before he could say anything, I shut the doors to my closet so I could change without his lingering stare. I when I slipped off my dress, took off my makeup - or what was left of it - and pulled my hair back I could see the damage from tonight. The claw marks from Peter that my hair had covered on my neck. The bruises from being roughed up by him. Not even to mention the puffy blood shot eyes. I slipped on an oversized sweater and right after I did, my closet door opened.

            "What's taking so long?" Derek asks quietly.

            The sweats fit in pretty well considering Jackson is significantly smaller than him. I wasn't surprise to see that was all he was wearing. His shirt had gone missing, but he knew I liked the way he was always warm. His eyes softened when he saw the cuts and bruises on my neck, luckily those were the only visible ones right now. Derek moved towards me one hand resting on my hip while the other caressed the side of my face. Both actions were so gentle it was almost surprising coming from this intimidating guy, but I saw the real him and I was so lucky for that.